hilborn injection

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
sursmilie64

hilborn injection

Post by sursmilie64 »

Has anyone have experience with a hilourn injection? I See one for sale, would be sweet on my 64. seems like a monster to tune, its alcohol with a magneto.

pro64

Re: hilborn injection

Post by pro64 »

I don't have any experience with them,but I do know it was like 7000$ new for the setup I want.does your car run on alchol.

65clevorcyclone

Post by 65clevorcyclone »

If u buy it, I'd have it converted to run on gas. Or even convert to EFI. You can buy brand new inglese EFI systems for 6k.

65clevorcyclone

Post by 65clevorcyclone »

Also your engine probably isn't built for alcohol. Engine requires almost double the amount of fuel compares to gas, it runs cooler so street driving is a bit harder to get the engine up to temp. Using double the fuel means less time to drive.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

65clevorcyclone wrote:Also your engine probably isn't built for alcohol. Engine requires almost double the amount of fuel compares to gas, it runs cooler so street driving is a bit harder to get the engine up to temp. Using double the fuel means less time to drive.
This is so true !! We have a dirt track car on ALCOHOL,,it takes double over racing gas,,,but it does run much COOLER,sometimes on a cool night we will fire it up and let it run for a long time before it's put on the track !! In fact almost every ALCOHOL burning car in the pits will be running long before the race starts. thanks POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Another thing about alcohol is that it will require more frequent oil changes. It will make your oil look like chocolate milk.