roll cage

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
Falconred

roll cage

Post by Falconred »

Who makes/sales a good roll bar or cage kit for a '65 sedan? The car isn't going to be fast enough to require a full cage so it could use a 6 point but would a 10 or 12 point be a good idea while the work is being done. There is not enough money in the build to take to a shop for the work but I have a friend who is the best welder around.

This car is going to be built using about 90% used parts on a very small budget, just a fun bracket car. Paint optional, NOS rust is some places,

This is in GA.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: roll cage

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Chris Alston,Alston Engineering,makes a U-Weld kit for the sedan in mild steel.The nice thing about going to a full cage is it really stiffens the chassis.A 6 point is fine until you start sticking some horsepower to it,if you are setting up a mild 289/302,auto that you plan on running mid 11s or so,you should be good.A sedan is a bit more solid than a hardtop through the door area,so I feel a 6 point will be fine!I would also instal weld-in subframe connectors!! JMO , ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

S&W Race cars may be able to help you out. They're in southeast PA. Bought mine there many years ago. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Falconred

Post by Falconred »

Thanks folks!

Decisions......decisions......decisions.