Need a couple pics...

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Rocket989

Need a couple pics...

Post by Rocket989 »

Does anyone have (or would take) a few pics under their dash? Looking for good shots of the pedal mounting assembly (brace) from both sides, and the z-bar linkage & steering column exit through the firewall. Ideally, a '64 (not sure what if anything FOORRRD changed for '65 but I know the '64.5 'Stang I was comparing is very different!).

Thanks!! Rocket
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Re: Need a couple pics...

Post by comethead »

1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Thanks Joe!! So there really is a "wedge" on the left (driver side) of the brace/ pedal support?? I'll circle it and repost your pic when I can get to a computer. What prompted my asking for the pics was mine has a piece of CCA treated lumber acting as the the "wedge"...! :shock: Knew that wasn't right... Also trying to get the gasket/ plate/ plug for the column all back on. Given where the clutch linkage rod runs through, I don't see any way to not cut the gasket.

Also, I'm not 100% sure the z-bar linkage is using all correct parts... That stuff is leaving for the hydraulic stuff with the engine & tranny swap (next up on the list once the current round of bludgeoning is done) but I'd like it correct in the interim!!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Well crap, looked at the pics again...I guess it won't fit properly if the plate is the wrong way and you already glued the gasket to it... :x :? :shock: :? :shock: Guess I have some clean-up/ re-paint activity looming... I knew I should've taken better pics pulling the stuff out!!

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah that plate only goes one way! I didn't glue the seal I just placed it in there.
The wedge on the support - do you mean the clutch pedal stop that looks like a fiber material?
If you need any other pics (of a 65 :P ) let me know.

Joe

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Joe - yea, the fiber material...mine has a chunk of CCA! Turns out I did get the plate/ gasket right but it's very different than a '65!! Thanks again for the pics. Biggest thing now is my steering wheel is cracked most of the way through on BOTH sides!! :shock: :? Need a replacement for sure! I didn't notice 'til slapping it back on tonight!

comethead

Post by comethead »

I converted a non 4 speed pedal bracket to 4 speed. For that pedal stop I used a clip nut and one of those eng compartment hood bumpers. It's adjustable so I can dial in pedal height.
My cyclone steering wheel was seriously cracked too. I filed the big deformations and filled the cracks with PC-7 and painted it. Guess what...it's cracking again! :roll:

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

ut oh Joe. is it cracking in the epoxy? or new cracks??
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I bought a replacement steering wheel a few years ago, I need to dig it out sometime and look and see if it has any cracks, I think it does but they are small and go ahead and get them repaired, did anybody here do a step by step on that? If not I can try and put a picture set/instructions together when I do mine.

Actually there is a wheel on my parts car, I might pull it and do a repair on it at the same time so I will have two.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Mine is cracked in a multitude of places but the nail in the coffin are the ones on each side of hub that are 3/4 (or more) of the way through!! :shock: :shock: :shock: