Steering Wheels

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Rocket989

Steering Wheels

Post by Rocket989 »

So other than Comet, Falcon, and early 'Stang...any other steering wheels that fit our cars? I'm looking for something cheap that'll work until I have the $$ to drop on a nice (or at least structurally sound, restorable) wheel! :D :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Comechero65

Re: Steering Wheels

Post by Comechero65 »

It's possible that a wheel from a bronco or econoline truck/van may fit and be similar is shape to fit the horn button/ring.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Why dont you just fix yours? It cant be any worse than mine was,,,before I cut the ring off,took out about 6'' out of the ring ,then welded it back on,coated it in a few layers of pc 7 & sanded on it a bunch. To begin with it was cracked everywhere & on the back side was wore off the top,brittle too. spokes cracked at the ring & the hub. it was pitiful.

How bout a pic of yours?

I think your 64 is different than 65 & later years ,the horn contacts inside are not the same ,I think.
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I'll snap a few pics... The cracks around the hub are almost all the way through. The good news is (well, for this anyway) there's no wiring in the column at all. Horn is a dash button and turn signal stuff is a "self-contained" external (clamps on) deal I've seen on some street rods. Probably shoulda mentioned THAT! :D
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)