What are these brakes???

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
poboyjo65

Re: What are these brakes???

Post by poboyjo65 »

so many steering threads going I'm getting mixed up but I think you are the one who asked about converting to 65 ps
Here is a hard to find 65 ps linkage for sale. looks like an idler arm with it but no pittman arm.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-COMET-CYCL ... df&vxp=mtr

looks kinda dry & rough, but that may or may not be a good thing as in ''been sitting'' for a long time. I believe this same guy has it posted on a FB site. If your interested in it I could look for it & maybe you could haggle him down some.

If I were in your shoes & wanted an easy to drive cruiser to keep & drive, I think I would convert to 65 manual steering with new parts available, & add electric power steering which is cheap if you do it yourself with junkyard parts. Or an integrated PS box like the borgenson conversion. the borgenson cost more but would have a more sporty/modern feel with less total turns. both set ups require some fabrication.

changing to 65 ps would be more of a bolt on ,with the draw back of center link unavailable, so it would be a gamble to even attempt because of used parts IMO
Johno

DoctorComet

Re: What are these brakes???

Post by DoctorComet »

Thanks poboyjo65!