copper Nickel fuel lines

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Kingspeedy2

copper Nickel fuel lines

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Has anyone used Copper Nickel tubing for fuel lines.?
I know its DOT approaved for brake lines but dont actually see any approval for Fuel
And elsewhere here peeps have used it succesfully for bakes.
All the standards quoted are for Brake use.So i am going to use it when i run my brake lines
it seems like the best of both worlds a balance between workability for bending and corrosion resistance compared to plain and stainless steel
With more fire inpingment protection than rubber hose.
I have done some steel double flaring of brake lines with success but never tried copper nickel.
Another plus for me is i am swapping to fuel injection and will have a return line so the 2 copper nickel lines will take up less space than 2 rubber hoses and i think will look tidier
Not that i am going to race my car but i was reading NHRA only allows 12 inches total of flexible fuel line.Assuming thats correct thats pretty tough as you want some flex for vibration .
Anyway your thoughts on the copper nickel
Fuel lines are apreciated

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: copper Nickel fuel lines

Post by A/FX »

I have used nickel copper for brake lines with great results. I see the tubing is available in .375 so it could be used for fuel if that size is satisfactory. If you purchase the tubing from NAPA they may be able to run it through their straighter so you do not have to deal with un coiling it to make straight runs.
I use only tubing benders to make bends, never try to free hand because it will kink the tube. (And look ugly)
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I don't see why it wouldn't work. You can't bend it as tight as like the PolyArmor coated stuff (since it's softer it kinks/ dents easier). Do they make it in 5/16 to 3/8" sizes?? Guess I haven't looked!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm like AFX I use the bender, looks better & no kinks. I used the poly Armour brake lines from oreilys for fuel too they have 3/8, & inverted flared couplers ,Many lengths, & pre-flared ,,,easy peasy.
Johno

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

Aluminum fuel line tubing is legal in NHRA so nicop should be a step or two above that. Have used 3/8 nicop for trans cooling lines. A pleasure to bend,double flares easy, easier sealing than steel or stainless.

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

yes 3/8 copper nickel is available http://www.bing.com/search?q=3%2F8+nick ... rsationid=

as always thanks for all your help