Brake Pedal Retaining Clip

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Comechero65

Re: Brake Pedal Retaining Clip

Post by Comechero65 »

comethead wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote:Yeah. That's what I called a C-ring. I knew it was one of those alphabet thingies. :roll:
Jim
Exactly Jim! :lol: :lol:
I thought it was a snap ring or circlip...maybe a c-clip. But e-clip?!? :lol: :lol:
Thank you google!
I've always known that one as an E clip as it looks like the letter E. And it always goes on the outide of whatever it is used with. And the other is a C clip. How i have known them.
Ron

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Speaking of E-clips, we're going to experience one here on Monday. :lol: We're in the "path of totality" for over 2-1/2 minutes. Folks are pouring in from everywhere to see it. Hotels and restaurants are expecting it to be their equivalent of Black Friday, pun somewhat intended. Sure hope it doesn't rain. :roll:
Jim

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

You should get more of the full eclipse than we will here in Calif. We'll probably only have a partial.
Ron

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Comechero65 wrote:You should get more of the full eclipse than we will here in Calif. We'll probably only have a partial.
Ron
Yeah, I think the center line is going through Oregon on the west coast. The center line is cutting diagonally through South Carolina, passing directly over Greenville, Lexington/Columbia and Charleston. Columbia is expecting up to 600,000 visitors from 32 states and 8 foreign countries, according to this morning's paper. They're asking the locals to stock up on groceries, fill up on gas and stay home if possible. You'd think we were expecting a blizzard. :roll:
Jim

StPro

Post by StPro »

Are you sure it was not a u-shaped spring clip with a key hole opening when you slide it and a lip on the backside lockes it in place
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT DON'T TAKE MUCH TO PUMP SOME PEOPLE UP.....pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Heh, no Pop, no it doesn't!

St. Pro - I don't know what the original clip looked like. It had a snap ring on it for sure...I had it out a couple times last year when I did the brakes/ suspension/ rear & again this time for engine/ trans/ hydro clutch. You got a pic of the clip you mentioned? I can't find anything definitive. An e-clip or snap ring should be fine but I'm curious.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Rocket989 wrote:Heh, no Pop, no it doesn't!

St. Pro - I don't know what the original clip looked like. It had a snap ring on it for sure...I had it out a couple times last year when I did the brakes/ suspension/ rear & again this time for engine/ trans/ hydro clutch. You got a pic of the clip you mentioned? I can't find anything definitive. An e-clip or snap ring should be fine but I'm curious.
Not sure if this is the same clip St. Pro was talking about. But pretty sure the one on my comet was similar to this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Lincoln-Me ... 2028707676

Slides over the shaft and locks in place

Lou

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

That looks like it may fit. I have never seen that clip used on the brake sw/brake push rod pin on any of my cars. It looks sort of similar to the clip that goes on the wiper motor only larger. Has to be a rare part.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I use 2 of those e-clips to hold the shifter linkage to the levers on the transmission on my 66 f100,,been on for yrs,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Would this type of hairpin clip not work, since you have a groove all the way around the shaft for it to clip into?
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Fas ... d=12108771
Of course, you'd have to figure out what to do with the other 99. :roll:
JIm

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Would this type of hairpin clip not work, since you have a groove all the way around the shaft for it to clip into?
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Fas ... d=12108771
Of course, you'd have to figure out what to do with the other 99. :roll:
JIm
The mustang venders sell those style clips. I believe the end of the pedal shaft on mine is held on by one of those style clips.
Ron

comethead

Post by comethead »

Rocket989 wrote:Heh, no Pop, no it doesn't!

I just pulled apart an original pedal support. I promise you it's an e-clip. Promise. Really. :mrgreen:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

StPro

Post by StPro »

I will go and look for my brake assy tonight. It is in a tote in the basement maybe even labeled
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Hahaha Joe!! I believe ya! Lou - that is one CRAZY lookin' clip!! :D :D :shock: :lol: :lol: Thanks St Pro!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)