Speedometer cable for 63 with 302 & AOD

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
GeneB

Re: Speedometer cable for 63 with 302 & AOD

Post by GeneB »

Got my speedometer cable out today. It is about 53" long and too short by about 8"
I see lots of 60" cables but would like to find a 64" cable. Better slightly too long then just too short.
Stopped by NAPA today and they show 64 comet needs 80" cable. Anyone know a local (NAPA, autozone, O'Reilly etc) part number or model & year for a 64" cable.
I can find them online but would like to try local 1st.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GeneB wrote:Got my speedometer cable out today. It is about 53" long and too short by about 8"
I see lots of 60" cables but would like to find a 64" cable. Better slightly too long then just too short.
Stopped by NAPA today and they show 64 comet needs 80" cable. Anyone know a local (NAPA, autozone, O'Reilly etc) part number or model & year for a 64" cable.
do you not have the ability to stop and find this info on your own ??.....thank you POP
pop/glenda

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

GeneB wrote:Got my speedometer cable out today. It is about 53" long and too short by about 8"
Did quick search on summit didn't see nothing 64" but the have a 63" listed for a 65 mustang.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pio- ... refilter=1

Lou

GeneB

Post by GeneB »

"do you not have the ability to stop and find this info on your own ??.....thank you POP"

Short Answer: No I don't have the ability

Long Answer: We have 4 auto parts stores in Walled Lake Mi. NAPA & Autozone & 2 local stores. I checked with NAPA & Autozone and they both show a 60" cable for a 65 mustang. Local stores the same. They don't smile when I ask them to try other year Mustangs or other Ford models.
I got my Comet about a month ago & have ordered about 15 different parts for a 1963 Comet convertible. 4 of the parts I had to send back or return because they would not work. Got Strut rod bushings for a 64-65, shocks with wrong mounting studs, & master cylinder with different piston.

Like I said in my post "I have found 64" cable online but like to shop local if I can.

So I don't know what to ask for at local stores for a 63 Comet with 302 engine and AOD transmission

Thanks
Gene

GeneB

Post by GeneB »

Got the 60" cable and it works fine. Ordered a Pioneer CA3015 for a 1965 Mustang at the local parts store.