Aod questions....

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Slowfivoh

Aod questions....

Post by Slowfivoh »

So to start out. I have a 66 comet roller. I just got a 302 with an aod, non electronic drive train from an ltd to install. I know the trans tunnel needs to be modded as well as the cross member from searching the forums here and that's ok, I can handle that. What I'm unsure about is running a carb with an aod and not burning it up.

Can someone who's done this swap please chime in and point me in the right direction? I have a c4. that would need rebuilt that I can use but I'd really like to have overdrive. I'm building this car for my little girls first car and she's 8.....so I have plenty of time. I just want to do it right, enjoy the car myself while she helps me build it and make sure it's safe and sound by the time she can legally drive it.

vicegrip

Re: Aod questions....

Post by vicegrip »

Nothing electric in the AOD except maybe the neutral safety switch. The throttle valve must be hooked up and adjusted correctly or the trans will destroy itself.This would be some kind of mechanical device from the carb to TV lever on the trans. All kinds of info out there on linkage and adjustment.