under engine brace

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
navychief

under engine brace

Post by navychief »

I just received the under engine brace that I ordered from Falcon Enterprises, same company that I got my curved monte carlo bar from. The brace looks pretty decent ,just needs slight clean up and paint,I paid $65.95 plus shipping for it . Any one using this bar ? and are the existing bolts long enough,or will I need to buy longer ones? thanks

Rocket989

Re: under engine brace

Post by Rocket989 »

I used that same one..original bolts are plenty long enough! :D
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

BJB

Post by BJB »

I take it that this engine brace would work with 6 cylinder engines also? We never got the V8 engine brace as our early Falcons were all 6 cylinder powered.

I have requested shipping costs to Australia. Probably will exceed purchase price.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

navychief

Post by navychief »

Just finished installing my under engine brace from Falcon enterprises . The brace fit perfect, last week I installed the 1 1/8 dia front sway bar, Also installed a curved monte carlo bar ,from falcon enterprises ,The car handles great ,major improvement in handling, I am still thinking about installing the adjustable valve for the power steering to get more road feel.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

BJB wrote:I take it that this engine brace would work with 6 cylinder engines also? We never got the V8 engine brace as our early Falcons were all 6 cylinder powered.

I have requested shipping costs to Australia. Probably will exceed purchase price.

Bruce
Bruce - I thought the 6’s got an under engine brace and the V8 did not since they got torque boxes. I can grab some pics but the motor is in now so may not help much.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Rocket989 wrote:Bruce - I thought the 6’s got an under engine brace and the V8 did not since they got torque boxes.
My 6 never had an under engine brace and it does have torque boxes (or used to have them before mother nature ate them) Not saying someone did not remove it before I got the car.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Huh - maybe all ‘63.5 or ‘64 & up had TB’s and dispensed with the brace. I did a little reading & the 6 brace looks different...V8 part might fit but can’t tell for sure.

loman

Post by loman »

For those of you who have installed the brace, are you running headers? What kind of clearance issues do you have if any? After reading this thread, I'm wondering if this is something I should look into for my other car.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Loman headers are not a problem. they will come down way back behind the bar & steer linkage which is about under the motor mounts. I made one from a mustang bar. Added a jack pad that really comes in handy, fits in the cup of a floor jack & can literally pull the car around with the jack. it's just a slice of a big pipe welded to it. It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

Johno

navychief

Post by navychief »

No clearance issues either, 65 caliente with headers and power steering

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Loman headers are not a problem. they will come down way back behind the bar & steer linkage which is about under the motor mounts. I made one from a mustang bar. Added a jack pad that really comes in handy, fits in the cup of a floor jack & can literally pull the car around with the jack. it's just a slice of a big pipe welded to it. It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

Looks Great John.

Everything under there is so clean and new looking. Must be nice and easy to work on. The jack pad is a awesome idea!!

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Lou. I figure it's not so clean under there by now. I took this pic before june of 2016 when I drove it over to PF for the gathering, I was inspecting & greasing it. I need to raise the bar up a little. Best I remember I just guessed on height of it because I didn't have the motor in when I made it. I actually drug it once during a flogging session & hit a deep dip in the road right about the time I got out of it. :roll:
Johno