Rod & Custom Motorsports Rear Coilover setup

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
got9lbs

Rod & Custom Motorsports Rear Coilover setup

Post by got9lbs »

Has anyone tried the Rods & Custom Motorosports coil over rearend setup? I was looking at it and it seems like it would work really well with my TCI front end setup. Has anyone seen or used this, how did it fit, how does the car ride? Is there something else that works better?

poboyjo65

Re: Rod & Custom Motorsports Rear Coilover setup

Post by poboyjo65 »

I've been lookin at that too. they're not claiming any bigger tire room though. I think for all that money & trouble I'd like to be able to put wider tires on.
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

You can see why large tires won't fit,the lower control arms and sway bar mounts are in the same location as the leaf springs would be,plus everything bolts to the original rear subframes.It does look like a good piece though! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

got9lbs

Post by got9lbs »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:You can see why large tires won't fit,the lower control arms and sway bar mounts are in the same location as the leaf springs would be,plus everything bolts to the original rear subframes.It does look like a good piece though! ROY.
good point didn't think about not being able to run wider tires! Im sure with some fabrication you could take some width out of the sway bar, and other cross bars to move it inwards like a leafspring relocation. Im glad you said something cause I really wanna run a 10" wide wheel in the back! I also wonder if you could put an 8.8 rearend instead of the 9" with some minor bracket modifications?

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

For what you would spend on making a crappy 8.8 live,you could buy a custom 9"!!! Been there,done that,didn't like the results!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

cathrinesmith

Post by cathrinesmith »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:For what you would spend on making a crappy 8.8 live,you could buy a leds custom 9"!!! Been there,done that,didn't like the results!!! ROY.
I don't find this results. how can do setup? please be details..

geralde

Post by geralde »

I would like to revive this post concerning the rod and cutom rear coil over kit. Has anyone done this yet? I talked with them a while back and the only gain is about 5/8 of an inch inward on each side. I have a TCP front suspension I may as well go all the way if this will fit without a bunch of fabrication. :D