Trunk lid

If you need something, post it here
Kingspeedy2

Trunk lid

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Does anyone on the west coast Us or Canada have a nice trunk lid for a 65 hardtop
I have a rust free one but the curve at the window and side edge just arent co-operating.Even my well seasoned body guy helping me is frustrated
I live in Victoria Bc but go over to the mainland and into washington state to pick up stuff i have had shipped there quite often.
Thank you

Lou's Comet

Re: Trunk lid

Post by Lou's Comet »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:Does anyone on the west coast Us or Canada have a nice trunk lid for a 65 hardtop
I have a rust free one but the curve at the window and side edge just arent co-operating.Even my well seasoned body guy helping me is frustrated
I live in Victoria Bc but go over to the mainland and into washington state to pick up stuff i have had shipped there quite often.
Thank you
If the trunk lid you have is rust free and never been damaged/wrecked then you might be better figuring it out. My trunk lid was the worse fitting part of my car as far as the gaps/seams. Literally took pieces of 2x4, clamps, and small sledge hammer to get my trunk lid to fit right. From what I read and was told by locals who have owned 65's the trunk lid fit lousy from the factory. If you get another one you may have same problems.

Lou

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Thats a good point lou,maybe its bettet the devil you know as they say.
It could very well be how it came originally.
I wish i knew someone with one to compare too in person

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I've read magazine articles from the 60's dissing Mercury for their poor fit and finish.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.