interior Pillar Trim 65

If you need something, post it here
Kingspeedy2

interior Pillar Trim 65

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I am looking for a really solid right and left pillar trim that runs up the inside of the windshield on 65 Hard top.
Thanks

bigdan

Re: interior Pillar Trim 65

Post by bigdan »

Are yours rusted beyond repair, or just missing? They're about the hardest part to find in good shape. Mine seemed to be rusted up, but cleaned up really nice with a little soft 3000 grit and then polishing on the wheel.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

bigdan wrote:Mine seemed to be rusted up, but cleaned up really nice with a little soft 3000 grit and then polishing on the wheel.
Was the 3000 grit a buffing compound? How did you apply it? What did you use on the polishing wheel? A PO painted mine black, probably due to some surface rust, and I'd like to clean them up.
Jim

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
bigdan wrote:Mine seemed to be rusted up, but cleaned up really nice with a little soft 3000 grit and then polishing on the wheel.
Was the 3000 grit a buffing compound? How did you apply it? What did you use on the polishing wheel? A PO painted mine black, probably due to some surface rust, and I'd like to clean them up.
Jim
I used 3000 wet sanding VERY light after soaking the paper a while just to knock the little rust spots off, then used the red polishing compound on a wheel and finished with a Mother's? Meguiars? metal polish. I'll try to find the stuff this evening.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I have a really pitted Set and another less rusty set. I plan on hydro dipping them most likely with a carbon fibre print to match my interior theme so i am hoping for a better quality set