next years Gathering dates

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky.broughton

next years Gathering dates

Post by corky.broughton »

Start planning on attending the 2017 Comet Gathering at Pigeon Forge, TN. All years and makes of Comets are welcome to attend. The new dates for the 2017 Comet Gathering is June 2nd (Friday), 3rd (Saturday), and 4th (Sunday morning), 2017. There are no fees to attend but be prepared to hear and tell stories about cars under the large white tent. I promise you do not want to miss out on the Gathering. MountainBreeze hotel has 18 reservations for next year at this time. I hope you will make every effort to make the event next year. I cannot wait to see and hear the stories. Just as important are the stories are to have the general public stop by and reminisce about having a Comet or someone in their family owning a comet. So much fun. The group that attends each year are great people and you definitely want to meet and shake hands of everyone. :D :D :D :D Corky

lavron
Site Admin

Re: next years Gathering dates

Post by lavron »

I concur

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Made my reservations before I left this year. Can't wait to see everyone again, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:I concur

See Ya,
Mike
PUGS AND JOHN,,THAT MEANS AGREE :shock: :? :? :!:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

popscomet wrote:
lavron wrote:I concur

See Ya,
Mike
PUGS AND JOHN,,THAT MEANS AGREE :shock: :? :? :!:
Really. I had no clue Pop. I ain't really a dumb cop. I just play one all week. :D I know your just stunning Pop.I hope you and the family are doin ok. Can't wait to see you next year, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I knew that! :shock: :? :roll: :D
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Could you find a more remote place to have it?Good Grief,it took me forever to find it on a map,let alone the fact that it is clear across this country!!It would take three LONG days of driving just to get close,then the fun of getting there!! I'll PASS,you all have fun!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

So why do you maintain living it what you have termed; "Commifornia?" I ask this in all sincerity. It seam's to constantly be the most restrictive on any part of our lives and then unfortunately that regulation often is adopted by states east of California. There is a lot to behold in most any part of this nation but you; having been a racer all your life could easily fit right into the template of pick a State east of the Mississippi and wonder what took so long. No kidding.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Stacey;I DO NOT live in Commiefornia,I moved out in MAY of this year! I was a NATIVE of the state [except for my time in the ARMY],I had had enough,tried,unsuccessfully,for years to get rid of a serious problem,all my effort fell on deaf ears!So the problem people won,I sold my home of 34 years and moved!!I was just making a comment on the COMET GATHERING,I was thinking of going next year,it is a lot farther than I thought,plus in a hard to get to area!!I hope everyone that goes has a GREAT time,I wish no ILL WILL on anyone who makes the effort to attend!!It is my choice,and only my choice!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I'm glad you got out of there but it would have to be bittersweet leaving your home of 34 year's.

It's only 700 miles for me and I do feel bad about not having made it. I must go this year.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Lip Ripper wrote:It's only 700 miles for me and I do feel bad about not having made it. I must go this year.
I agree, not about feeling bad but about coming next year :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Since the darn stores already have Christmas stuff out, I thought I would remind everybody that it's only 216 days till the gathering. It will be here before you know it :D

Baldy

loman

Post by loman »

I hope I can make it again. I started a new job a couple of months ago and won't have much vacation built up.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Loman do I need to get a court order that says you MUST be present for this event? I mean just thinkin that we can figure something out, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well like Baldy said It won't be long now ,sorry to say I've been slacking this year after getting everything straightened out on the 65 It's only been out about 3 times , it appears I will probably be by myself this year if I make it .Pat will be bowling in the NationalsTourniment in Baton Rouge Michael-will have just graduate H/S but won't be the Gathering without old Whte 65 in the grass so hope to see you all in June.ROLL COMETS J L