2017 Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky broughton

2017 Comet Gathering

Post by corky broughton »

Let me start by stating Roy and his family are in my prayers. It was such terrible news to hear of his untimely death. I was at the NHRA Hotrod Reunion in Bakersfield, Calif. when I was told about Roy. He will be missed and I'm certain he will be talked about at this years Gathering. I was hoping to see him drag race his Comet while at Bakersfield.

The 2017 Comet Gathering at Pigeon Forge, TN is just around the corner. All years and makes of Comets are welcomed . The 2017 Comet Gathering is June 2nd (Friday), 3rd (Saturday), and 4th (Sunday morning). There are no fees or charges to attend but you must be prepared to hear and tell stories about cars you have seen or once owned. You do not want to miss this years Gathering. The Gathering is at the MountainBreeze hotel in Pigeon Forge, Tn. I hope you will make every effort to make the event this year. Contact Susie at the hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN. to make your reservations. I cannot wait to see and hear the stories. Just as important are the stories being told but having the general public stop by and reminisce about having a Comet or someone in their family owning a comet. The group that attends each year are great people and you definitely want to meet and shake hands of everyone that attends. Happy New Year. :D :D :D :D Corky

popscomet

Re: 2017 Comet Gathering

Post by popscomet »

WELL SPOKEN,CORKY and right to the point....we need everyone that can show up with or without your comet to come,,it's a kick BOOTY COUPLE OF DAYS !!......hope to see YA !!.....JUST ol pop ALONE HAS SO MANY HAND SHAKES SAVED UP TO PASS OUT,that my arm is tired of toten them ,,,,so come on and get your hand shake..been savin it just for you !!!!! POP
pop/glenda

royferri

Post by royferri »

Last year was my first time at the gathering, and it was a blast. Moonshine makes everything better.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

royferri wrote:Last year was my first time at the gathering, and it was a blast. Moonshine makes everything better.
HEEEYYY! You made it! glad to have you on Roy! :D Moonshine? what moonshine? we had fruit juice!! :wink: :mrgreen:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:
poboyjo65 wrote:
royferri wrote:Last year was my first time at the gathering, and it was a blast. Moonshine makes everything better.
HEEEYYY! You made it! glad to have you on Roy! :D Moonshine? what moonshine? we had fruit juice!! :wink: :mrgreen:
AND there was so many different flavors......you had to like one of 'em....OL POP liked them ALL,I ain't hard to please :shock: :D :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think I had a favorite flavor,,, but cant remember for some reason. Guess I'll have to go back in june to find out! :wink: :) Maybe I should ask loman! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT'S TIME TO START GETTING IT ON YOUR MIND,,,PF IS AROUND THE CORNER....if you can't bring your car,that's plum alright,,,cause OL POP is giving great thought to not pulling mine that far,just leave it at home ,,can make the trip much faster...pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop ,I have been getting ready since last June I know you have a lot further to travel than I do but you could just drive her down and not have to worry with pulling her and probably would be lot faster either way CUN P/F n JUNE ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JI,the old comet would more then likely make the trip,,and I would have more fun driving it,and if I'd left the AC IN IT might would consider it....but not now !! ....in fact ,I may not BRING GLENDA this year,,me and son are thinking about coming and doing something else and just hang out alittle at the gathering and spend the night at the motel ,GLENDA has other plans with our daughter and son in law..won't know til it gets closer to june,,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop I m going to admit I thought very seriously about not driving the little white since Pat is not coming like I said earlier she will be in BATON ROUGH at National Bowling Tournament for her 26 or 27 straight year to bowl in Nat .Well enough said I'll see you there either in COMETS or FORD trucks ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MY son will do the driving and he'll want to drive his brand new GT mustang...but ....makes NO diff how I get there or who's with me..OL POP is planning on being there......been there every time from the get go,don't plan on breaking the HABIT ,NOW !!....pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well Michael will iust be graduated from high school in May so I don't know if he will have time to fool around with GRANDADDY I think they are planning a trip to Mexico be gone that week end with or without someone with me I'll be there Like you said been there every time don't want to miss long as I am able to get there CUN P/F N JUNE ROLL COMETS JL

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

All this talk of fruit juice has made me thirsty fellas. I don't recall any moonshine. You must be imagining things. My Comet may not be there this year either. Depends on what fabricator buddy of mine says. I'm not a welder, so I I have to have a little help in that department. Hopefully my 54 f100 will be up and goin if the comet is down. If not I'll have a cooler in the back of one of my F150s. Can't wait to see everyone, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

royferri

Post by royferri »

popscomet wrote:IT'S TIME TO START GETTING IT ON YOUR MIND,,,PF IS AROUND THE CORNER....if you can't bring your car,that's plum alright,,,cause OL POP is giving great thought to not pulling mine that far,just leave it at home ,,can make the trip much faster...pop
Haha, that's the trutrh. Last year I showed up at the Comet Gathering in a Honda CRV, and had a great time.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Ok folks. Update on the fires in PF. They were centered more around the Gatlinburg area. Everything is good at the River Breeze. Stopped in and confirmed my reservations. Pop they said I couldn't have the broom closet so you are safe. Had dinner at Bennett's next door and the BBQ was good and the drinks were cold.can't wait for June to get here, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!