Trip home from 2017 GATHERING

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

Trip home from 2017 GATHERING

Post by duncanjl »

Had good trip home few showers not bad home at 12:15 hope everyone has safe trip Hope to see all inJUNE 2018. SO start making plans now RPLL COMETS J L

Jims65cyclone

Re: Trip home from 2017 GATHERING

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Rolled in the driveway at 1:45 pm. Easy trip without the Comet in tow. :roll: Changed into some work clothes, and had the trailer spring shackles flipped back in the right direction in a couple of hours. Probably could have gotten it done Friday morning and taken it with me, but I had one shackle up and one down on each side, and I didn't know for sure which was the right direction since I borrowed the trailer from my son-in-law. Didn't want to flip them in the wrong direction and risk another swaying close-call like the first attempt that morning.:shock: Hopefully, I'll get the Comet there next year.
Jim

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Been home for a while. I think I unloaded the car around 11:00. Dropped the trailer off then came back home and started unpacking the truck. See everyone next year, Pugs.
Last edited by pugs65 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

We landed about 5:30, 8 1/2 hours in the saddle with nary a complaint form Aunt Lou. All the rain I feared fortunately never really materialized, didn't have to use the wipers til after Chattanooga and then it was only flip on and then off to clear the windshield occasionally, got a little about 10 miles from Atlanta but nothing even moderate, the only heavy rain was about 20 miles south of Columbus for about 10 minutes but it was a slow down to 40 and work to focus kinda rain. All in all a great week end, I believe this may be the first time I didn't have to tweak anything on Aunt Lou during the trip. Look forward to seeing everyone next year.

Jim you and I need to coordinate our trip next year, as long as you don't run over 70 or so.
Careful your character's showing!

ArkansasComet

Post by ArkansasComet »

Left yesterday afternoon & got home today a little over an hour ago, lots of heavy rain on the way home but made it safe. Met John outside of Nashville this morning to pick up some much needed parts (thanks again!) 12 hrs on the road each way for me but it was a fun trip & I got to spend time with my dad. It was great to meet everyone & see the nice cars, wish I could have stayed longer! Hope everyone else had a safe trip home!

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You're welcome Jim ,I glad those parts found a good home & I dont have to take car of them anymore. :lol: Good to hear from everyone making it home safe, still a few more need to report in.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP and Dwayne pulled in at 5:00 ,had some rain ,,but nothing those ford wipers were scared of :wink: gonna sit back and watch the race ,GLENDA recorded for me...holler later.....POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Glad to hear that everyone made it home safely.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Just pulled in around noon today (Monday) and got everything unpacked, just some rain off and on with a few heavy showers.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

corky.broughton

Post by corky.broughton »

Just wanted to thank everyone for coming this year. it was so much fun seeing everyone. I do have a couple of the dash plaques left for anyone that attended the Gathering this year. Just email me if you did not get one or lost the one you received should you need or want another one. I also wanted to say how much I appreciate each of you, you're the Best!. I know that Ratical (Nathen) will do a great job as the next leader of the "Gathering". Glad everyone made it home safely. Later, :D :D :D :D Corky