Fall Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Fall Comet Gathering

Post by lavron »

There was some talk at the Pigeon Forge Comet Gathering, ArkansasComet's family owns a resort in Norfolk, AR (PJ's White River Lodge) he has volunteered to host a gathering there this fall if enough Comet Folks are interested.

This is a link to the location https://www.google.com/maps/place/PJ's+ ... 7?hl=en-US

We have discussed a possible September or October date and I am now looking for feedback and those that might want to attend, Arkansas is checking on getting any discounts he can for group members and we have discussed a cookout on Saturday evening, there is a nice restaurant on site as well and Mountain Home is near by.

Looking for feedback and thoughts for anyone who might like to go and bring your Comet. He has mentioned possibly having other Non-Comets there as well if needed maybe just opening it to Fords only, but we would be in our own group separate Comet exclusive.

If we are going to do this we need to get rolling now so everyone can make plans to attend.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

S22Comet63

Re: Fall Comet Gathering

Post by S22Comet63 »

I would love to go, however www.CruisintheCoast.com is the week of October 1-8th, more Comets there every year, 8000 registered cars last year , already 3,740 registered for this year! And the Mountain Moonshine festival in Dawsonville, Georgia that's put on by the Galaxie club of America always reserves a section of Comet only parking in the main square for Mercury Comets, run by Bruce Miller, Cyclone owner and I think a member of this group! The dates for that are October 27th- 29th. Any thing before or in between or after and sign me up! More info www.kareforkids.org or email moonshinecars@gmail.Com

ArkansasComet

Post by ArkansasComet »

I just confirmed with the family that the rooms & restaurant would be discounted for forum members.

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

Groover

Post by Groover »

Considering how close that would be to me, I'd be hard pressed not to attend... depending on the dates.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Groover wrote:Considering how close that would be to me, I'd be hard pressed not to attend... depending on the dates.
Dates are what we are working on now so all suggestions are welcome. I can narrow it down once everyone gives some input, I would like to see this happen if enough people are interested.

The reason I wanted it a bit further west is to give an opportunity for people that are just too far to make the Pigeon Forge trip a chance to get together with the group, certainly I will continue to attend the June gathering as long as it is possible for me to do so, this is in no way meant to be competition for that gathering.

There will not be the tourist type stuff that PF has but if you need that type of stuff Branson, MO is not that far away :roll: I can attest that is is pretty country I have been there before.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

First two week ends in Sept is Sade's of Past and Rod Run in Pigeon Forge I could prob be persuaded more input from Gathering Folks NEEDED I ALSO KNOW IT WOULD BE CLOSER FOR YOU FOLKS UP THERE ABOUT 10 hours from here keep posted on progress ROLL COMETS JL

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

If this I going to be something other than the GATHERING it needs to be clarified MY understanding THE GATHERING is COMETS ONLY ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:If this I going to be something other than the GATHERING it needs to be clarified MY understanding THE GATHERING is COMETS ONLY ROLL COMETS J L
The goal is to be only Comets but if there is not enough interest from the Comet community or enough cars, there was a consideration to have other Ford cars there but separate from the Comets, that was the only reason the suggestion was made to have non-Comets there.

I think first we need to determine if there is enough interest to even do it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

700 miles which don't bother me but it really be the date that is key to participation. September and October is pretty tight for me work wise and it would require me to have a few days before to drive up and a few days after to drive home.
Careful your character's showing!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

If we do that then the Gathering in P /F would change started COMETS ONLY and I think should stay if going or doing something different then it's not THE GATHERING as planed Don't get me wrong I'm not against a Fall Meet but it's not THE GATHERING IF not COMETS ONLY

loman

Post by loman »

Depending on what is going on around here at that time, I would try to make it.
My two cents as for the name is to come up with a new one whether it's Comets only or if it is opened up to other Fords. I think "The Gathering" should be reserved for the PF event since it is our own forum original get together. If this happens, maybe we can start a poll to come up with a new name.

Just googled it, and it would be a 5 hour drive for me.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

The second weekend in September isn't good for me. I'll be in Rossburg, Ohio for the World 100. Other than that it's see what is goin on. I'm definitely interested.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The Comet Forum Invitational. No offense but I would not have nearly the urge to drive 700 miles for a Ford show but I'm only one voice of many. I don't mind Comet members bringing there other Fords (or cars for that matter) but I feel the show/event should be based on Comets. :twocents:
Careful your character's showing!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

mopar 346 wrote:No offense but I would not have nearly the urge to drive 700 miles for a Ford show but I'm only one voice of many.
No offense by any of the comments made here, the reason I posted this was to get input because nothing is near firm or final at this point and need to know everyone's feelings. It is pointless to have an event if no one wants to attend or the venue is not what is desired.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments but the reason I understand for the fall Meet was to get closer to the Comets in another location for them to be able to attend if they are not interested and only THE GATHERING group is going to attend the thre is a problem Finished with my vent ROLL COMETS J L