Fall Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Fall Comet Gathering

Post by lavron »

No one needs to worry about offending me it is pretty hard to do :P

I will tell you what I will do, I will put up some dates and let everyone decide if they want to come or not, if there is no interest then no harm in not having anything.

Also understand my wishes are all Comets and I think before we decide to go forward we need to see enough commitment from people, otherwise I can go anytime and visit with Jim (ArkansasComet) if only I am going and I have no Comet to take at this time anyhow :roll:

So I will look at a calendar and pick some dates and post them later.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

it's less then 3hr drive for me,so for sure count me in,that's a no brainer !! I lean heavy on comets only,but if someone had an old ford as well as a comet,then they can drive what ever they want to the meeting or what ever it will be called...but the comets take center stage...if we start letting other fords park with the comets,,we might be creating a future head ache,,,we don't want anything to try and mess up PF.AND as far as some having to drive for some distance to get there,that's just a misfortune on their part,so be it ,it is what it is...heck fire look at the distance and the hrs it takes OL POP to get to PF,and I have been there every year,,so suck it up and come or stay at home,POP don't mean to sound hateful or be a big PITA,,but that's how I look at it,so let's start checking dates and see if enuff will or could come to make it worth while...
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Could make it Mercury only.

Matt

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

OK this is the date selections, start eliminating and we will see which one works best for most people.

September 15, 16, 17
September 22, 23, 24

October 20, 21, 22

Everyone check and see if you can attend or want too on any of those dates and then we can determine if there are enough Comets to have a "Gathering" or whatever. :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

None of those dates work for me so I could only be there in spirit.
Careful your character's showing!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I'm like Pop some have to drive long distance to P /F dates are ok with me (I'm flexible )but I'm only one just keep posted on turn out We started with 9 or so at 1st GATHERING ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

The decision has been made this will only be for Comets, so what will show will show :roll:

I would like to hear from some of you guys further west (that can't make the PF trip), it would be really great to meet some of you in person.

Thanks everyone for input and if any of the dates I listed are bad feel free to offer others, I tried to accommodate from the info already given.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

lavron wrote: I would like to hear from some of you guys further west (that can't make the PF trip),......
See Ya,
Mike
I think this is key and your intent, it's great that those of us that make it to PF would love to support it but having access for more people is what I felt you were trying to do. As for the date, there isn't ever gonna be a date that works for everyone, as much as anything what dates will the facility be available. It appears that most of the comments on this thread are from the regulars of PF, hopefully there is interest in making the trek from others as well. Should this thread or a thread pointing to this one be put in the lounge for others to see that might not look here? I will put a link in the show schedule thread in the lounge.
Careful your character's showing!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

The October dates are lookin the best for me. I'll do my best to make it.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP may have to miss a race,depending,but that's doable for me....and like I've said even about PF,what a person drives other then a comet to get there is their business and only thiers,,but when it comes to parking,,the comets take center stage,,,
pop/glenda

corky.broughton

Post by corky.broughton »

I will let you know the PF is where I will go and I have made my reservations for next year already but not certain that I will/can attend another Gathering. Thanks for offering. Corky

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

corky.broughton wrote:I will let you know the PF is where I will go and I have made my reservations for next year already but not certain that I will/can attend another Gathering. Thanks for offering. Corky
POP has the broom closet already set up for next yr,also at PF.....and if the fall meet wasn't going to be over 3hr's from my back door,,,I may not consider coming,,,,,,POP has a lot going on that time of the year,,but OL POP is for sure gonna be there if at all possible
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

So it sounds like the October date has the best chance :P

If I say we do it October 20-22 we can start planning in that direction.

It cuts a little into my turkey hunting time but fall turkey hunting is not all that appealing anyway, instead of sitting in the woods hoping and waiting for a turkey to show up I can go to Arkansas and see if any turkeys show up with their Comets :roll: :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I think the last points race is in OCT,the same Saturday night of the fall get together,,,,so it will depend on where I'm at in the points,,as to OL POP being there,,,will just have to weigh it out,but if I ain't in the top 10..{that's where I'm striving to be at season's end},then it don't matter....so don't count me out yet..heck my car may be tore up by then.... :shock: only time will tell........later POP
pop/glenda

fixitmann

Post by fixitmann »

As a new member and my second post let me say this would be of interest to me...
Since I am in the KC area it wouldn't be to long of a drive and October could work.
I will watch for further developments...