THE GATHERING

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

THE GATHERING

Post by duncanjl »

OK all you Comet owner and lovers you have 5 months to get ready for the LARGEST GATHERING OF COMETS,so buckle down and get them ready to be there PUSH,PULL ,HAUL ,OR DRIVE just make plans to be there , Painted or primer, bumpers or not we also like rust HOPE ALL CAN MAKE IT , C U N P/F. ROLL COMETS. J L

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: THE GATHERING

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Easy for you to say!! How about all you middle country people pile into you old Comets and come on out to the Mercury show!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Roy where and when is the show don't know anything about it.dont know if I can make it but who knows

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Roy ,I am like you folks out there it's a long way from Georgia ,But first year of Gathering we had guy drive his 62 or 63 to TENN had to fill up 19 times think came from San Diego ROLL COMETS JL

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

JL;that was Mike from So.CA.,in his 63.5 Comet,I think he is still trying to recover!!! Mike,Joe and Fred got together last year,posted some pictures on here.No date yet for the Mercury Show,The So.CA. Cougar Club is still working on it! I wish you all the luck possible on the PF show,I would be there but can not justify 5,000+ miles round trip!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

5,ooo plus miles is to far to haul anything,not to mention the exspense and all wear and tear on the tow truck and trailer.....pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:JL;that was Mike from So.CA.,in his 63.5 Comet,I think he is still trying to recover!!! Mike,Joe and Fred got together last year,posted some pictures on here.No date yet for the Mercury Show,The So.CA. Cougar Club is still working on it! I wish you all the luck possible on the PF show,I would be there but can not justify 5,000+ miles round trip!! ROY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbEzGKbuUJI
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Only thing wrong with that video that I can see ,it was shot at the wrong location,,should have been at PF,at the gathering!! by the way did anyone notice how JOE parked out of his parking space?,,he pulled up to far across the stripe....... :shock: :? :lol: :wink: 3 good looking comets....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop Joes tires are still in the pit box so its legal :wink:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Pop Joes tires are still in the pit box so its legal :wink:
YES ,I stand corrected,,TOOK another look after cleaning my specs,,,OL JOE is in the clear....way to go JOE !!! thanks TATER..pop
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Nice looking group of Comets. :D
Ron

gmsnowball

Post by gmsnowball »

Here is a link to a muscle car museum in Pigeon Forge TN. This web site has a boat load of really cool old video clips of all makes of cars from all years. You can spend all day checking them out. 8)

http://www.tvraaca.org/musclecarmuseumi.htm

..... :)

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

If I can get my new motor installed and slew of other little details ironed out I might just make it to PF. Stay tuned!

Mark

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Roy, I just need to sell you a home here in Fla. and get you out of that communist state.
Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

loman

Post by loman »

Just a thought, is there a local race track close to Pigeon Forge? At my local track that closed a few years back, they would sometimes host a special class for a club. They would run there normal super pro/pro/sportsman classes but then they would have the club race. I remember a t-bird club, corvette club, a local community called Russellville has their own club as well and they still race once or twice a year at Gateway. They would do TT and elims like everyone else but with no buy backs. Imagine the bench racing that would take place at the hotel. Might be something to look into.