Locate a lost 1966 Cyclone

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky broughton

Locate a lost 1966 Cyclone

Post by corky broughton »

Dear Comet Owners and Enthusiast,

I received a phone call this morning from a Derek Minor. He is trying his best to locate his fathers 1966 Comet, Cyclone and would appreciate any help from the group in locating the car. Derek sent me this info about the lost Comet: vin number (6H26S584002) and the Cyclone is/was white in color with a red strip on the bottom panels of the car. The car was last seen in Louisville, Ky, 1969. where his Dad traded the car . The Comet was purchased from Croxton Motors in Madison, Indiana. Derek would like to find the car and if needed restore it back like it was when his father owned it. Derek can be contacted at (812 599-0278) should you should have any info on the lost Comet.

On a personal basis, How cool would it be to see Derek driving his Fathers Comet, if found? If the car is located I will get Derek to drive it to Pigeon Forge at the Comet Gathering to show it off. :D :D :D Corky

Derek

Re: Locate a lost 1966 Cyclone

Post by Derek »

Hey if someone can help me locate it, I'll come to Pigeon Forge, and buy the first round for everyone!

A big thanks to Corky for offering to help, if anyone needs any more info let me know.

corky broughton

Re: Locate a lost 1966 Cyclone

Post by corky broughton »

Derek, I noticed there is a 1966 Comet Cyclone being advertised in Litchfield, Ky. It has yellow paint but it is a 289 cu. in., 4 speed car. If you look under Craigslist, Western Ky. and type 1966 Comet Cyclone the car should appear. The car has been restored but not sure if the yellow paint is the original color. It might be worth a call. Best of luck, :D :D :D Corky