Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: Gathering

Post by popscomet »

PEOPLE,if there is anyway you can come next year...you owe it to yourself to attend.if your comet won't make,so be it...but you need to load your butt and come without a comet,,,we'll miss it ,true E;nuff,,,but we'd welcome you just the same for it's more for the owners ,the comet are just iceing on the CAKE,,,it's you who we want to meet......so get busy and plan for it next year,,,you'll not be sorry..if you are sorry that you came,then your just to hard to please.....start getting it on your mind right now....hope to see you in 2016 !!!!!!!!! POP/GLENDA
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS WAYNE,,,the banner was super as you and your wife were..thanks for all you did and will do,,thats just your style...to be a nice person! POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YEARS down the road,when all is turned over to the now younger crowd,if they are anything like MAVERICK,,all will be in good hands !! POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop, I agree with you on all your last couple of posts. Corky has started a great thing. You,Dave, Wayne, JL, and your wives truly make the weekend most enjoyable. And Groover, I know you are very proud of Maverick. He is a great young man to have around. I watched him this past weekend and he was like a sponge tryin to soak every thing in. I remember when I was his age and was doing the same thing around my grandfather and his buddies. Anyway, once again I would like to encourage anyone who can make it next year to go ahead and mark your calendar to be there, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I keep saying next year. I don't have a bucket list but I gotta do this next year.

And Pop, that's pretty cool that you met my nieces husband Mitch.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

albert

Post by albert »

POPs your comments are right on the money, I will come but probably without my Comet
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Don't worry about the Comet. My wife and I came for the first time for only half a day on Saturday while in Knoxville on other business, and had a blast. I don't trust my Comet for a 500 mile round trip yet, and I just inherited a car trailer that I trust even less, so I didn't try to bring my car. Didn't make a lick of difference, though. I was welcomed like a long lost friend. The best part was putting a name and face to all the AKA's I chat with on the forum. They even shared their vittles and ice cream with us. We plan on coming next year for the duration, hopefully with the Comet. Looking forward to getting an education under the tent.
Jim

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Jim it's like told you if you can't bring the car bring your self .It was great to meet you and better half .If you don't trust your car now just get her out and drive put some miles on if don't have any problems in a 100 or so miles I wouldn't worry just get in let her go she will make it (SO SEE YOU AND CAR )in June 2016 UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS J L

loman

Post by loman »

I second what Jims65cyclone said. This was my first appearance at the gathering and I too was welcomed by everyone. It was a great and relaxing time. I made new friends but it felt like I had known them all my life. From the moment I showed up Corky waved me around and greeted me and helped me get parked and unload trailer, going to get a bite to eat with Pugs, going on a cruise with Kevin, meeting and hearing some of Pops stories, meeting Dave, JL, and everyone else that was there. This is a awesome group of people that I was honored to meet. I hope I get the opportunity to do it again next year.

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Loman, it was a pleasure to meet you also .So don't drag around and wait till last minute next year (GO AHEAD AND MAKE PLAN NOW) cause you know that itch is going to start so start scratching now. C U N JUNE 2016 UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS. J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:I keep saying next year. I don't have a bucket list but I gotta do this next year.

And Pop, that's pretty cool that you met my nieces husband Mitch.

Stacey
AND it was my pleasure,I promise....now you need to get off your dead ass and come and bring that red VERT,so I can have the pleasure of meeting YOU....the only thing holding you back is your nerves,(where I come from we call it balls...do you have a set to come?? POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

albert wrote:POPs your comments are right on the money, I will come but probably without my Comet
AS much as we'd like for your comet to be there,,,we realy don't care,so be it,it's you we want to be there.......so make plans,your not getting any younger,ALBERT,and your not to old to have the best time of your life for a couple of days,the time goes by so fast,there's nothing but smiles and laughter for a couple of days,and a few comets thrown in for good measure.....CORKY and DAVE are 2 winning hands to draw to,trust me...they are great men to have on your side......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:Loman, it was a pleasure to meet you also .So don't drag around and wait till last minute next year (GO AHEAD AND MAKE PLAN NOW) cause you know that itch is going to start so start scratching now. C U N JUNE 2016 UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS. J L
MOUTHY ass pop can't say it no better.......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:I second what Jims65cyclone said. This was my first appearance at the gathering and I too was welcomed by everyone. It was a great and relaxing time. I made new friends but it felt like I had known them all my life. From the moment I showed up Corky waved me around and greeted me and helped me get parked and unload trailer, going to get a bite to eat with Pugs, going on a cruise with Kevin, meeting and hearing some of Pops stories, meeting Dave, JL, and everyone else that was there. This is a awesome group of people that I was honored to meet. I hope I get the opportunity to do it again next year.
Thank you ,LOman,like I told you,,your much younger then I had you pictured,,,but you have a wealth of wisdom.....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Don't worry about the Comet. My wife and I came for the first time for only half a day on Saturday while in Knoxville on other business, and had a blast. I don't trust my Comet for a 500 mile round trip yet, and I just inherited a car trailer that I trust even less, so I didn't try to bring my car. Didn't make a lick of difference, though. I was welcomed like a long lost friend. The best part was putting a name and face to all the AKA's I chat with on the forum. They even shared their vittles and ice cream with us. We plan on coming next year for the duration, hopefully with the Comet. Looking forward to getting an education under the tent.
Jim
DON't know how much more smarter you'll be when you leave the tent,,but you'll be dang glad you were there !! pop
pop/glenda