Almost There!

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
Adams

Re: Almost There!

Post by Adams »

Getting Closer...dropped the oil pan last night, can easily see where the rod was scraping the pan. New pan somewhere on a Fedex truck. If I can finish before this weekend, there's a local car show...shooting for that.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Good deal - move it FedEx!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Adams

Post by Adams »

Update--Last night I pulled the pan, and sure enough you could see where the #5 or 6 rod was scraping the pan, which was just slightly bowed in. Tech Tip: to pull the pan on a 62 Comet, you have to 1) unbolt the front sway bar at the frames and rotate it down (this has to be done with the car on the ground or on ramps, as it won't clear the stabilizer struts otherwise. Learned this the hard way of course). 2) unbolt the motor mounts from the frame supports, and jack up the engine 2 inches, placing blocks under the mounts. 3) Pull the pan forward, down, and out. Worked like a charm. New pan is still on a FedEx truck somewhere. Car show this Saturday...maybe a debut?

Adams

Post by Adams »

First pic is the old oil pan I dropped. Pretty easy to see where the #6 rod cap was scraping. Second pic is the historic touch to the car (for all you older guys or historians!)

Adams

Post by Adams »

Well, New motor is in and running--had it out prowling the streets last night with the new 200.