Fuse Block

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
CCR-Host

Fuse Block

Post by CCR-Host »

Stupidest thing I've ever had to search for! Any ideas where the fuse block is on a 63 Comet?

383MERC

Re: Fuse Block

Post by 383MERC »

Dan, Look on the back of the headlight switch behind the dash. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

CCR-Host

Post by CCR-Host »

383MERC wrote:Dan, Look on the back of the headlight switch behind the dash. Mark
That's exactly where it is. What a dumb location! How do you see the fuses? I can only peak at the bottom fuse. God knows how I would change one. Does it drop down? I think the radio fuse is blown but, I have no idea which one it is. The radio lights up - but, no sound.

Dan

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

If its like mine and lights up when the knob is turned on then the fuse is not blown, either the radio no longer works or the speaker is blown. A Digital Multimeter can tell you if the speaker is blown by disconnecting the speaker and testing for resistance across the leads.

CCR-Host

Post by CCR-Host »

Tristan wrote:If its like mine and lights up when the knob is turned on then the fuse is not blown, either the radio no longer works or the speaker is blown. A Digital Multimeter can tell you if the speaker is blown by disconnecting the speaker and testing for resistance across the leads.
It does light up so there must be another problem. Thanks.