Other than CI, where can I find Headers, new or used?

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
1964Comet404
Location: upstate, ny - owego (not to be confused with "oswego")

Other than CI, where can I find Headers, new or used?

Post by 1964Comet404 »

Good Day to All! Other than Classic Inlines, where can I find Headers for my 200, new or used? I Googled with no Luck! I "Chatted" with Summit, no Luck. Thought I'd check here next... any leads will be helpful and/or "search" ideas.

While I'm at it, allow me another question... is there another place, other than CI, to find Exhaust System Parts? ...specifially a 2'' pipe with flange that comes off the Exhaust Manifold?

I have to keep costs down to the bare minimum, and besides, what's hot rodding all about, if one can't have all the fun of building one's own exhaust system, as per desires, piece by piece, wound by wound... otherwise I'd bring it to a shop and say, here's my credit card, have at it!

Enjoy Your Day!

john b.

'64 Comet 404 Sedan
john v. b.

"If it aint' broke... Drive It!" ~ me

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Groover

Re: Other than CI, where can I find Headers, new or used?

Post by Groover »

Well if you're credit card is handy, these folks have (or can make) just about everything.

http://www.waldronexhaust.com
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

1964Comet404

Post by 1964Comet404 »

Groover wrote:Well if you're credit card is handy, these folks have (or can make) just about everything.
Thanks Groover! that's an excellent, handy link to have. Yep... I believe those "folks" can make just about anything... I'm bettin' that headers made to order for my lil' ol' six, might be a bit pricey, more so than CI. Maybe I'll drop them an Email and see what happens. But again, that's a great site to have in one's bookmarks.

Your Caliente droptop sounds fantastic... you got some photos somewhere? ...I'm gonna' google that dual port gravity thing (?!)... and I ain't got no spare neither!
john v. b.

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Groover

Post by Groover »

Yep… in fact got a whole thread:

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... 27&start=0

And you can see the Waldron Exhaust installed somewhere closer to the end than the beginning.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

1964Comet404

Post by 1964Comet404 »

Groover wrote:Yep… in fact got a whole thread:
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... 27&start=0
And you can see the Waldron Exhaust installed somewhere closer to the end than the beginning.
That thread is epic. Great Job! That guy took some excellent photos. I wish they were working on a six banger. It's a great thread for learning about one's own car. A shop manual is great but seeing "everything" for real, and also reading about the processes involved while taking things apart and putting them back together, and all the problems that go along with that, and how they were solved... yep... it's good reading.

I think that CJ Pony Parts site might come in handy. They have headers for the six, but they're even more expensive than CI.
john v. b.

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Clifford Performance

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Saw these on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-FORD-MERCUR ... nc&vxp=mtr

Cant say if they are any good, but look interesting.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058