Parts color?

Discussions about general body work and modifications
StPro

Parts color?

Post by StPro »

I have my car totally disassembled. Most of the parts that were painted have been sand blaster or stripped with muriatic acid and then blasted. What color were all the under carriage parts and bumper brackets? The only parts I can think of that were body color were the door and trunk hinges. The grandson has been looking for things to do. I figured I could teach him how to powder coat parts.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

comethead

Re: Parts color?

Post by comethead »

I paint it like this:
Rear end housing, front and rear springs, front spring covers, trans cross member, LCA and UCA are satin black.
Shackles, steering parts, drive shaft, steering box, spindles, and most hardware I paint Cast Blast natural grey.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Both the front and rear bumper brackets on my Metuchen, NJ built '65 404 were natural.
On a friend's LA built '65 Caliente HT they were painted satin black.
Dave

StPro

Post by StPro »

I like that idea it will add contrast to the car. I do have some powder in matte, gloss, flat black and a grey and charcoal. I think I will order some cast grey bake up come samples. I do a lot of race car parts for customers in gloss black, and it is my favorite car color. Some days it is a little boring. Up until about five years ago I would have painted the car all gloss black. I stopped to look at a black 65 Comet for sale. After making a u turn to go back at the car it did nothing for me. Could be the fact it was a Star Trek car, doing warp 7. If you paint it black it should be straight and smooth.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT