Will this dual MC kit work on my 64?

Discussions about general body work and modifications
poboyjo65

Re: Will this dual MC kit work on my 64?

Post by poboyjo65 »

luc3ch wrote:Is it a generic part? Because the Ford mechanical switch look pretty obvious. The only thing is it looks like they mount on a longer pedal stud.

I could just get a new $10 hydraulic switch. But I don't want to get air in my system after I just finally got it bled.but my switch is at the very top of the whole circuit so it shouldn't leak out or draw air if im quick about it.
that switch is for a ford truck but will fit many fords, but basically just makes a connection. the aftermarket hydro switches don't last long. if you like bleeding brakes put it back in. air WILL get in if you loosen it. take a look under your dash at the pedal bumper, it is at the top. if you take out the rubber it will have a square hole which the autozone switch will fit right in, run your wires to it & your done. The next time my 65 has to come apart I will do mine with this switch. the 65 style is aggravating to get in place & get the cotter key in. & I had to take out the bushing because my brake light was sticking. the one in the link can be adjusted.
Johno

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

Update: I bought that exact switch at AutoZone today. And sone wire and terminals for a jumper harness.

Will install later this week.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

luc3ch I sent you a PM.
Johno

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

I put the switch in and ran jumper wires to the terminals that go the the hydraulic switch.

Got brake lights now!

I did it quick & dirty, got a car show Saturday morning and not much time to get things done. I might pm Tristan in Mobcks Corner and see if he will show up and bring his ride. Haven't met him in person yet.

Thanks for the help. Will check your pm.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You might have trouble contacting Tristan. He hasn't visited the forum since March. Are you located in SC? I'm in Lexington. Where's the car show?
Jim

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

Hey Jim,
Show is in Summerville. Nexton business and residential park just off Alt17 near the I26 interchange.

It's the Miracle League charity show.

Got my ride all set to go. Turned the idle speed down to something reasonable so I can sit in line at registration without burning too many gallons of fuel. :)