rubber channel around side window glass

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Kingspeedy2

rubber channel around side window glass

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Does anyone have a source for the rubber channel that goes around the side and rear 1/4 window glass to secure it in the frames. A last resort would be silicone but I hope I don't have to go that route.The original came out in pieces and it looks like it was molded rather than a sealant or a tape as it was too uniform

Kingspeedy2

Re: rubber channel around side window glass

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

After a lot of research it seems like the sealing method for replacement glass is Flat glass tape.
When you flatten the seal that was in there it measures 1.25 wide x.075 inch thick
I could only find 1/16 (.o625 thk) x 1.5 wide which will give you a little extra to trim off aftet installation
The tape is apparently non adhesive but one demo from NPD working on a mustang window made it look like it was sticky.
That i will look into.my window stainell and window channel measure .343 wide so if you have glass thats .180 +.0625+.0625 you only get .305 leaving a.038 gap which coukd be filled up with Black Rtv and would probably be unnoticeable.
autoktrafters appears to sell a part for the Falcon which may work.Looking at listings for glass it looks like the falcon and comet are the same shape.i will order a set and see.
If someone can confirm the falcon door and 1/4 glass are the same that would be great

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:If someone can confirm the falcon door and 1/4 glass are the same that would be great
Not an expert but same year same body style they will be the same window, I don't believe there were any variations in glass between the two, but someone may prove me wrong.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea Mike is an expert, Falcon/comet door & 1/4 glass are the same if both are same body style like hardtops are alike but would be different than a sedan. 63-65 .
Johno

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Cool thanks for the info.I was also able to find some 5/64 thick glass tape just after using my phone were as i couldnt on my home PC (weird) .you can find it on ebay or bobdrake.com