Andy's Interior Install

Discussions about general body work and modifications
caseville cyclone

Re: Andy's Interior Install

Post by caseville cyclone »

Speakers complete and hidden. Next up,installing the radio without hacking up the dash. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

Took out the Retro Sound radio and set it up. The radio knobs are adjustable both ways because of the slotted L brackets,I set the knobs as far out on the radio as I could because the knobs on stock radio are so long. After I did that I adjusted the knobs to fit the holes in the dash. I installed the radio and the knobs came up a tad short so I modified the stock Comet radio bezel. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

I fiqured I could remove a quarter of an inch and the stock bezel would fit. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

A little nerve racking but turned out good. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

Stock bezel fit great! Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

Radio is all wired in and speakers wired,stereo sounds great. I used a little piece off my kick panel to fill in under the push buttons. I was really happy with the final results. Andy (click on picture)

loman

Post by loman »

That radio install looks pretty slick. Great job!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:That radio install looks pretty slick. Great job!
THE ENTIRE PROJECT,looks pretty darn slick to me ...done in very good taste....well done,,gonna be a very nice ride when it's all complete.....POP... :) :D
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Thanks Loman and Pops,looking forward to spring so I can finally drive the bomb. Of course my son keeps pushing me to take it to our local drag strip to make a few passes. The last time I raced down a drag strip was probably in !973. But POPS has given me inspiration!! Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:Thanks Loman and Pops,looking forward to spring so I can finally drive the bomb. Of course my son keeps pushing me to take it to our local drag strip to make a few passes. The last time I raced down a drag strip was probably in !973. But POPS has given me inspiration!! Andy
:D GO FOR IT,by all means....POP does this stuff with a different outlook on it now,,,WIN DRAW or lose,POP is there to have a good time..I just have fun !! good luck and at least on the track you can burn all the rubber you want to or can,,make all the racket you can and drive as fast as you can......AND GET AWAY WITH IT !! if you tear it up,,bring it home and fix it ...my problem is and has always been...I am not good at watching....I like to be in the ruckus..pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Your absolutely right POPS, I might be 71 years old but looking forward to go to the local dragstrip and make some noise. My son and I know the dragstrip owners real well and it will be fun to line up against my son during a time trial. I don't match up to his 1984 Mustang because he runs 10.20's but it would be fun. Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:Your absolutely right POPS, I might be 71 years old but looking forward to go to the local dragstrip and make some noise. My son and I know the dragstrip owners real well and it will be fun to line up against my son during a time trial. I don't match up to his 1984 Mustang because he runs 10.20's but it would be fun. Andy
pop will be 70 in may,,,I have been on the same track with son and grd son ......I WATCHED them drive away from ole pop....and I was proud and thankful that I was there....you will too !!! it's all about the memories...good luck and have a load of fun......thanks pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

I'll be honest with you POPS,his car doesn't look that fast. HA HA!! Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:I'll be honest with you POPS,his car doesn't look that fast. HA HA!! Andy

looks pretty dang impressive to me.....you might need a couple of spots from the lights just to be close to him when you cross the finish line : .......my son passed me one night a split sec before taking the checker flag,,in the pic it looked like I came in 2nd...but really he lapped me right at the end of the race....but some thought we were 1n2,,

pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Thats a funny story POPS, I thought you were going to say that your son just nipped at the finish line. Andy