Lizard Skin

Discussions about general body work and modifications
B_Hix

Lizard Skin

Post by B_Hix »

Just curious - have any of you used the lizard skin barrier material yet? Looking at the prices of dynamat's etc ($$$$$) looks like a jug of lizard skin would save some money - just don;t know anyone that has used it...?
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

Ratical

Re: Lizard Skin

Post by Ratical »

I used it. Sound control and heat control. sprayed both on the complete underside, and inside the firewall while it was tore down last winter. cant say how great it was as i still have no capet or padding in floor. but far as spraying and duriabilty. Thumbs up so far.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Well thats more than I know right now :D I see they sell it with and without a spray gun, but they advise not using a 'regular' paint gun to apply it - did you buy one of theirs? I'm expecting that over the summer I'll be gutting the Comet's interior - was going to do the floor/trunk with it provided folks have good things to say.

Looks like about $500.00 to cover that area with dynamat so I'd rather find a less expensive alternative.
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Yea its way to thick for a regular spray gun. You might could use a body schults gun. But I went ahead and bought there gun, I was very pleased with it. It had a. 90 degree tip that was great for underneath the car (could spray strait up while holding the gun at a normal angle). Think I purchased everthing on ebay and saved a few bucks.

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Cool - thanks for the input Ratical - guess I will give it a go!
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

No problem. There's some useless picks of the applied product in "my engine bay thread" think its located in the body shop. Sections also.. it sprays on purple, then dries to black. Or a dark grey..

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

^^ Ill be darn lol....guess I shoulda searchd for 'lizard skin' before posting :oops: You did a nice job on yours though! Thanks for the input!
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

I am going to try this when I get ready to insulate. Has some good reviews and is http://www.lobucrod.com/ a lot cheaper.

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

tinnocker wrote:I am going to try this when I get ready to insulate. Has some good reviews and is http://www.lobucrod.com/ a lot cheaper.
Used that stuff or stuff just like it in my Kids car. It made a pretty big difference got rid of almost all road noise and it being hatchback it had some road noise. Going to use it in my Comet too.