Installing the well liner on a 64 convert

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Groover

Installing the well liner on a 64 convert

Post by Groover »

Anybody know exactly how the well liner clips in on the 64 convertible?

We have all the pieces but not sure how the chrome strip holds the material to the drip rail car? Close up photo might say 1,000 words?

Thanks.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Lip Ripper

Re: Installing the well liner on a 64 convert

Post by Lip Ripper »

This may not help but on my 66's the chrome piece screws to the back of the seat frame. The liner slips over the back of the seat frame first. The liner is attached to the tack strips with special black screws and Dearborn carries them. I'm sure others do too. The chrome piece on mine is used to hold the boot in place. Once again mine are 66's.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Groover

Re: Installing the well liner on a 64 convert

Post by Groover »

On this one, the leading edge (front of the car) is laid down on the back of the seat frame and then the boot snaps are screwed down through the material to hold the leading edge in place.

The the back edge of the liner has a hem with a rubber bead and a three piece chrome strip that looks like it would snap over the drip rail, but we're not having much luck getting the liner and the drip rail under the chrome and into place. Can't tell exactly how the chrome piece snaps into place and it's very delicate. Don't want to bend it up.

1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...