BUCKET SEAT INSTALL

Discussions about general body work and modifications
thos25

BUCKET SEAT INSTALL

Post by thos25 »

What was used at the factories to shore up the rear mounting position on bucket seats in 64 and 65 COMETS and FALCONS? I bought a used set of buckets and they had stacks of rubber squares on one rear stud between the seat track and the mounting hole in the floor. Is this correct?
Thanks, TOM :?

albert

Re: BUCKET SEAT INSTALL

Post by albert »

I recently installed bucket seats and a console in my 65 Comet and just bolted the track directly through the floor boards. A few washers were used. The bolts come up from the underside of the floor and then bolt directly into the threaded permanent nuts on the seat track. Maybe the rubber pieces were put in to adjust the slant of the seat.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Tom;that is how they did it!!My 65 was that way and so was my friends 65 Falcon!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yep. Both bucket seat Calientes I have worked on had those rubber blocks supporting the rear inboard stud of the bucket seat.
Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

thos25

Post by thos25 »

Hey Guys, THANKS to all who answered my inquiery! I guess I have been around these newer high tech buggies to long. Sometimes I forget how things were done back in the day. Again, THAN :D KS for your kind replies!!
TOM :D