firewall insulation pad template

Discussions about general body work and modifications
poboyjo65

firewall insulation pad template

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comethead Joe mentioned that he was putting a new firewall pad in his car. I had been thinking of just making one for my car from several layers of foiled bubble wrap .so I ask him to trace his out on paper before he installed it. So being the helpful soul that he is he did & mailed it to me . So I thought maybe someone else would like to use it & maybe pass it on if anyone ever wanted it. Just speak up & I'll be glad to mail it to you & buy the stamp.
A big Thanks goes out to Comethead Joe ! You save me a lot of work while standing on my head or you saved me money, either one I appreciate it! :D :D :D
Johno

popscomet

Re: firewall insulation pad template

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Comethead Joe mentioned that he was putting a new firewall pad in his car. I had been thinking of just making one for my car from several layers of foiled bubble wrap .so I ask him to trace his out on paper before he installed it. So being the helpful soul that he is he did & mailed it to me . So I thought maybe someone else would like to use it & maybe pass it on if anyone ever wanted it. Just speak up & I'll be glad to mail it to you & buy the stamp.
A big Thanks goes out to Comethead Joe ! You save me a lot of work while standing on my head or you saved me money, either one I appreciate it! :D :D :D
AIN"T that sweet of ol JOE//?? :lol: 8) he's such a darling !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah well I guess I am pretty cool after all! :wink:

Your welcome Johnny!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

they come much cooler,JOE,your a wealth of info,,,if it can be found...you are the founder :D :D pop :lol:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think Pop meant to say they don't come much cooler than you Joe. My cockpit will be cooler too. I used 4 layers of foiled bubble wrap so it's about 3/4'' thick.

Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:I think Pop meant to say they don't come much cooler than you Joe. My cockpit will be cooler too. I used 4 layers of foiled bubble wrap so it's about 3/4'' thick.

YES YES YES ,OL POP left out DON"T,,,sometimes my fingers can't keep with my thoughts,,,sorry about that ,JOE.........3/4's of wrap ,then add carpet ..yea you might get almost full throttle,,,,or adjust the pedal so's it stands darn near stright up :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:I think Pop meant to say they don't come much cooler than you Joe. My cockpit will be cooler too. I used 4 layers of foiled bubble wrap so it's about 3/4'' thick.
That should work really well John. My sons first car we used the same type of stuff for the whole floor and rear area(hatchback) we did just 2 layers and it made a huge difference! With heat and noise.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think you left out the word ''up'' Pop but we all know what you mean. & as for the pedal, it's bubble wrap, you know it's fun to pop the bubbles! :lol: really I'm only going that thick on the vertical part of the firewall.

Lou I plan to use it thru out the car. this stuff is used under metal roofs, always some left over & FREE. I really love free! :D I have used the kind you use in your windshield for a sunscreen & was pleased with the results, it has foil on both sides where this stuff is white on one side, but same stuff otherwise. really lightweight too!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

[quote="poboyjo65"]I think you left out the word ''up'' Pop but we all know what you mean. & as for the pedal, it's bubble wrap, you know it's fun to pop the bubbles! :lol: really I'm only going that thick on the vertical part of the firewall.

UNCLE LEROY and AUNT ENAMA,had stopped by and that UN-house broke dog (BO RE GARD),,I was trying to post and keep an eye on that sorry ex-sled dog....keepin my thoughts together in one thought was a challenge :shock: pop
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

That is the same stuff we use in the Heating and Air Conditioning world!! I love it because it does not rip,shed or otherwise cause air borne dust!!!! Joe needs something to do,he told me he is going stir Krazy sitting around!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Roy I have also used the foil tape with the rubbery sticky back from the heating & cooling world. it seems just like the dynamat that is so expensive. of course the tape probably is too but was given to me. great stuff!! the bubble wrap would be good for racecars because it is very very lightweight! :D
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

The pad looks good Johnny!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

That stuff looks like it came off one of the Lunar Landers! Space race Comet! 8)

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

The 'Bubble wrap' has the same insulation factor as 1" of fiberglass and it is unbelievably strong!! I for one was not sorry to see it replace fiberglass insulation!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals