Plastic Chrome

Discussions about general body work and modifications
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Plastic Chrome

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Has anyone had their instrument bezels plastic rechromed?Who did you use?I have a 65 Comet dash that needs rechromed.I'm in Calif.,but I don't care where I send the part if they are good.THANKS, ROY .
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Mr.Fancypants

Post by Mr.Fancypants »

Yearone sells them for the Mustangs. My catalog says $34.95 and the site says $36.95 and from the picture they look the exact same. Maybe someone can confirm this is the same one.

Part # FJ169

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Plastic Chrome

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

The bezels are different,the right side is oval instead of straight for a Comet.The lenses are the same and I believe the gauges are the same.I sent mine out to be redone,9 weeks later they call and say they can't do it.I think I will try Mr.G's in Texas. ROY .
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

rditz

Post by rditz »

I basically went to a metal shop and had them make me a stainless steel flat bezel and mounted after market electric guages... it still needs to be polished, and a bit of trimming, but it is very clean and doesn't lok bad. if you have to have original look, then my way won't be your way.

can send you a picture if you like...

Rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

carolinacyclone

Post by carolinacyclone »

I have a 64 cyclone. I sent my bezel to :

Glenn Garrison
Mr. G's Fasterners & Rechromed Plastic
5613 Elliot Reeder Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76117-6013
817-831-3501
801-838-3131
Cost me $111.00 to exchange mine for his. He was a good person to deal with. He has a web site, I don't have it, but you could do a search.
Hope this helps.
Carolina Cyclone