Returning member from East TN . .

Let everyone know a little about yourself
bigdan

Returning member from East TN . .

Post by bigdan »

So i was on here 4 years ago - give or take a few months. At the time i was full tilt in a Comet/Falcon obsession, and owned 4 :mrgreen: . I fought through building a set of 64 convertible quarters from scratch, new floors, etc way back then, having fun every second. But, as is often the case, my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Neighbors complained a little, city started asking questions, so I decided to thin the herd a bit. I let 3 of the 4 projects go on to different pastures, and they all stayed local, so I can visit from time to time LOL. In the end, I decided one long term project was enough, so the 65 Futura stayed. I built a shop to keep the neighbors and city happy, and after a year of driving nails and building like a mad man, I could get back to it in earnest, with room to spare. I made a controversial discovery around about the same time; apparently people love those tri-5 ch#vys, and will pay handsomely for them. So . . . I did several floor plan installs, quarters, you name it, all the while funding the Fords. Gotta love it.

That gets us to today; I'm full tilt boogie wide open on trying to get this 65 finished. The plan has been revised through out the years several times, but the goal has always been the same - a driver with plenty of power that I can romp on whenever I want. I have no interest in drags or best in show, just having fun with my boys (Currently 8 and 15). We're getting closer every day. Brief overview; 65 hard top, 4 link, minitubbed with 275's, 6 point cage, Shelby drop with the KelseyHayes 4 piston calipers, 4 wheel disc, narrowed 57 9in, TKO500 with hydraulic throwout, shaved dash, etc. I'm finishing the firewall now, hoping to be finished all fab in the next few weeks, epoxy after that and paint in August. We'll see how that works out.

Next step is re-learning pic uploads, since I'm pretty much a smart phone only guy now, and posting a few pics. Glad to be back aboard!

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Returning member from East TN . .

Post by lavron »

Dan welcome back and glad to have you here, we all know as soon as that Falcon is done you will be looking for another project and we are all voting another Comet :P
bigdan wrote:apparently people love those tri-5 ch#vys, and will pay handsomely for them. So . . . I did several floor plan installs, quarters, you name it, all the while funding the Fords. Gotta love it.
One of the best uses for them, leave he un-elightened to those and keep the best for yourself.

I followed your build and have read it about 5 times over the last few days because I am afraid of it going away and I need to know several of the things you have done. It helps give me the confidence I need as I prepare to work on my '64 Comet.
bigdan wrote:Next step is re-learning pic uploads, since I'm pretty much a smart phone only guy now, and posting a few pics. Glad to be back aboard!
You need to use an external host for pictures and link them back here, not too difficult to do, if I could afford it I would buy more space and host pictures here, but currently it is what it is. :roll:

Look forward seeing progress and hope you can get a build thread going on here before the other site goes away, it is an opportunity to put everything together like you want, if you need any help let me know and I will do what I can.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Welcome aboard!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Loner

Post by Loner »

Welcome back looking forward to seeing your build.

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome back Dan! :D I never lost track of you, have kept up with the falcon & shop build. You've done a fine job on both. Quite a few of us have been using postimage for pics. it is pretty easy, & a lot faster than photobucket,which has become slow seems to lock up a lot. just watch that first page,dont click on any ads or any big green buttons. & you dont have to resize any pics.
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

Welcome back Dan!
If I weren't so lazy I'd go to TFFN and find your build. I'll wait till you bring it here so's I can get caught up!! :)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome back, Dan! I think you left before I joined, but it looks like you've been plenty busy in the meantime. Any chance you could "just" copy your stuff from TNNF over to a build page here? Seems a shame to lose all that history and the benefit it can be to others (like me :D ). What part of East TN are you located in? I'm familiar with the Tri-Cities area.
Jim

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Welcome back, Dan! I think you left before I joined, but it looks like you've been plenty busy in the meantime. Any chance you could "just" copy your stuff from TNNF over to a build page here? Seems a shame to lose all that history and the benefit it can be to others (like me :D ). What part of East TN are you located in? I'm familiar with the Tri-Cities area.
Jim
I'm in Athens, almost exactly in the middle of Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Welcome back Dan.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!