Newbie From North Georgia

Let everyone know a little about yourself
xrttman

Newbie From North Georgia

Post by xrttman »

Hi Folks,

I just found this forum and look forward to exploring it. I've had a Red '67 Cyclone GT for a little over a year now. The car has the original 390 and auto transmission. The black interior is very nice and appears to be all original other than the carpet. The wheels are period correct American Racing. The car is verified by a Marti Report, and is pretty much as sold in 1967. It's had Vintage Air/Heat added, and in a Georgia summer it is welcome. When I got the car it was fitted with an M code tri power from a T-Bird, which ran like crap. I sold the tri-power set up and installed an Edlebrock aluminum manifold and new Holley 650 cfm carb. It runs great now. It received an excellent repaint three years ago, and appears to have never had any rust or body repairs at all.

I own seven vintage Ford products; and looked for a Cyclone like this for years. I've very happy to have the car, and look forward to improving it through this forum.

poboyjo65

Re: Newbie From North Georgia

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D Maybe you can bring it to the Comet Gathering & show it off next June in Pigeon Forge!!! :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote: Maybe you can bring it to the Comet Gathering & show it off next June in Pigeon Forge!!! :D
Until then, pictures :D

Glad to have you on board.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! We need to see some pics. This explains how to do it: http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
poboyjo65 wrote:Maybe you can bring it to the Comet Gathering & show it off next June in Pigeon Forge!!! :D
Where in north Georgia are you? Pigeon Forge should be a fairly easy trip for you. It's a great time.
xrttman wrote:I own seven vintage Ford products
We have a "all in the family" section for other Ford products, so you can fill us in on your other cars, too.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:D :D :D :D FOLKS it sounds like WE have a winner from NORTH GEORGIA :!: :!: :!: 8) 8) WELCOME.glad to have YA POP
pop/glenda

joem

Post by joem »

Welcome to the forum. I am in Smyrna, maybe I will see you around at local events.
I heard the Comet East group will have some Comets at the moonshine festival in October.

xrttman

Post by xrttman »

Thanks for all the replies. I've been out of town for about a month. I think I'm going to have my son take me through the photo posting process. Being an old fart, I'm somewhat technologically challenged. I've gotten as far as the photo bucket account and am hung up. I'll do my best to make some of the events you guys talked about.

xrttman

Post by xrttman »

My YOUNG son-in-law has just given me a tech lesson so here are the photos of my '67 Cyclone GT

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Man! That's a great looking Cyclone! Hey Pop....it's even got the right kind of wheels, too. :wink: 8)
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yep Nice car ! :D & nice wheels. I think those are Torque Thrust Originals.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Man! That's a great looking Cyclone! Hey Pop....it's even got the right kind of wheels, too. :wink: 8)
Jim
YES it does and is RED and that sucker has a 390 in it...it can't get much better......it's sharp for sure........ol pop would look down right SEXY WHILE TOOLING around in that thing 8) :lol: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Yep Nice car ! :D & nice wheels. I think those are Torque Thrust Originals.
IN HIS OPENING POST,he stated that about the whls.....reminds me of another guy that skips around on reading the entire post :!: :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :D :D :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

He just said they were american racing wheels ,I did too read it! :lol: ( a month ago) :lol:
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop yours are TTD's ,his are TTO's ,I have both!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: O's in front & D's in back

mine are kinda like a mullet ,all business in front & party out back :lol: .

then there is Jim's which look like both. I can even remember what style his are called. what about it JIm?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

mine has American racing equipment on the cap...........
pop/glenda