Hello from Easton, PA. 1962 Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Schooley

Hello from Easton, PA. 1962 Comet

Post by Schooley »

Hello!

I wanted to start by saying ... Thanks in advance! Thanks for all of the warm welcomes to follow, and for all of the helpful information I am going to get from these forums!

My name is David, and I am now the very proud owner of a 1962 Comet. I'm a Navy veteran of 8 years, and a former aviation ordnanceman/crew chief . Since owning an F18 as a civilian isn't the easiest thing to do, I figured why not try a Comet!

I'm really looking forward to sharing space with this community.
Schooley's project: Restoring a 1962 4-door Comet custom.

poboyjo65

Re: Hello from Easton, PA. 1962 Comet

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on ! :D WOW! You own a jet? I want a ride!!!!! :P

& thank you for your service!!
Johno

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

poboyjo65 wrote:Welcome on ! :D WOW! You own a jet? I want a ride!!!!! :P

& thank you for your service!!

Thanks, Poboyjo! Unfortunately, I had to leave her on the flight line in Pensacola ... :cry:
I figured the Comet would be a pretty good replacement. :lol:

Thanks for your support of our armed forces.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome Schooley. Having never ridden in a F18 I would guess they are pretty awesome, that being said, as far as cars go Comets would have to be the close second for a ground based vehicle :roll: :lol:

That reminds me of something, I have actually never ridden in a Comet only drove one (and there has only been one I have driven), and I have only been in that same one that I can remember, so I think next year at PF some of you guys are going to have to give me a ride :roll: I live a sheltered life. Thinking on it I may have ridden in my Comet a couple of times, I think I let my wife drive it once and maybe my uncle right after I put the motor back in and we were doing a hoodless test drive, I might of let him see what it was like.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

lavron wrote:Welcome Schooley. Having never ridden in a F18 I would guess they are pretty awesome, that being said, as far as cars go Comets would have to be the close second for a ground based vehicle :roll: :lol:

That reminds me of something, I have actually never ridden in a Comet only drove one (and there has only been one I have driven), and I have only been in that same one that I can remember, so I think next year at PF some of you guys are going to have to give me a ride :roll: I live a sheltered life. Thinking on it I may have ridden in my Comet a couple of times, I think I let my wife drive it once and maybe my uncle right after I put the motor back in and we were doing a hoodless test drive, I might of let him see what it was like.

See Ya,
Mike
Thanks, Mike! Come to think of it, I've only ever driven one too. It was from the yard where I picked it up, to the garage where it will be getting body work. :lol:
Maybe I can attach some wings onto her, by the doors, and drive her around like that? I am sure I can find that modification on these forums for that, right?!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELCOME, AND MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE,and your correct,,a mercury comet is 2nd best to a plane,,,and much easier to wash and wax and change a flat tire on and a whole lot easier to park........as you already have found out ,,,NEED HELP ?? post it and wait,,it's coming your way......thanks again.....OL POP
pop/glenda

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

popscomet wrote:WELCOME, AND MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE,and your correct,,a mercury comet is 2nd best to a plane,,,and much easier to wash and wax and change a flat tire on and a whole lot easier to park........as you already have found out ,,,NEED HELP ?? post it and wait,,it's coming your way......thanks again.....OL POP
Thanks for the reply, Pop. I'm looking forward to it being a little easier, but just as much fun. :D

albert

Post by albert »

Welcome to our Forum where you will find everything you need to turn your Comet into a jet dragster if you want or better still a really nice original classic or anything else you want. All the knowledge is here! Glad to see more east coast people joining!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! And thanks for your service. Like has already been said, this is the place to find the answers to just about any Comet question you can think of (and some you never would have thought of :wink: ). We need to see some pics of what you've got and the progress you make on it. Here's a link on how to post pics using a picture hosting website called Photobucket.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
Jim

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

albert wrote:Welcome to our Forum where you will find everything you need to turn your Comet into a jet dragster if you want or better still a really nice original classic or anything else you want. All the knowledge is here! Glad to see more east coast people joining!
Thanks, Albert. I'm learning about all of the information on this forum, and I'm glad to be here.
I don't think you're too far away in Jersey.

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Welcome aboard! And thanks for your service. Like has already been said, this is the place to find the answers to just about any Comet question you can think of (and some you never would have thought of :wink: ). We need to see some pics of what you've got and the progress you make on it. Here's a link on how to post pics using a picture hosting website called Photobucket.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
Jim
I appreciate it, Jim. Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can get some in progress photo uploaded!

albert

Post by albert »

Schooley wrote:
albert wrote:Welcome to our Forum where you will find everything you need to turn your Comet into a jet dragster if you want or better still a really nice original classic or anything else you want. All the knowledge is here! Glad to see more east coast people joining!
Thanks, Albert. I'm learning about all of the information on this forum, and I'm glad to be here.
Schooley, I am right over near Great Adventure, I am sure you have been there.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

albert wrote:
Schooley wrote:
Schooley, I am right over near Great Adventure, I am sure you have been there.
I believe I have been, yes. Are there any local-ish meet-ups that you attend?

albert

Post by albert »

We have a lot of local car cruises and shows, some at Englishtown Raceway Park, the season is almost over for these events. The Ford Carlisle PA event usually has a group of Comet owners who get together.

Schooley

Post by Schooley »

albert wrote:We have a lot of local car cruises and shows, some at Englishtown Raceway Park, the season is almost over for these events. The Ford Carlisle PA event usually has a group of Comet owners who get together.
Yes, I was considering making the trip to Carlisle, and then to Hershey next week. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the events will go with all of this rain. My Comet will be in the shop until at least spring, so I'll be catching the 2017 meet ups for sure.