Newbie from Michigan

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Red65Cyclone

Newbie from Michigan

Post by Red65Cyclone »

Way back in '67 I bought a used Ivy Gold '65 Comet Cyclone. I drove it for a while and then traded it in for a '68 muscle truck. As time passed I went through a series of cars but kept remembering the Comet. Over the last 20 years or so I've loosely watched the market thinking it would be kind of cool to have another Cyclone. One thing has finally gotten through my head, enjoy life while you still can. Then I discovered there was a 1965 Cyclone available 7 miles from home. I had seen it several years ago while the owner was bringing it back to life but hadn't seen since. Unfortunately, the owner had passed away. It had been painted and he had built a strong version of a hipo which dyno'ed at 290 hp and 335 lb/ft of torque. Since I can be anal about details I hope to repair/replace the little things he hadn't gotten to. I want to learn more from the knowledgeable members here so please be patient with my questions.

Santa's Comet

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Post by Santa's Comet »

Welcome to the best Comet site around! Of course none of the members here are "anal" about our Comets!!??
You should fit right in!!
NP Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELCOME......your in the best place to be ..anal-ized...(hope that sounds right)..well anyway your in for all the help you'll ever need...just post and wait and help will show up...enjoy the comet...we all do ours......POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

COOL ! Welcome aboard! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! All the help you can stand is free for the asking.
Jim

Dyno Marc

Post by Dyno Marc »

Welcome to the group.You will discover that there is a lot of great people on this site and you will make a lot of new friends...You get a chance post a picture of your ride lol
Frischy

albert

Post by albert »

Welcome to where Comet geniuses reside! As for Comet information......Ask and it shall be given.....Seek and it shall be found
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust