New owner in NC

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Traffikus

New owner in NC

Post by Traffikus »

Hi everyone. I just picked up a 65 Caliente sedan and am probably going to be coming back here begging for guidance a couple times. I traded my motorcycle for this because I figured my motorcycle was a bit too dangerous to ride until I have life insurance set up... so I traded it for a car with no airbags or seat belts. But at least it looks just as cool as the bike did.

Groover

Re: New owner in NC

Post by Groover »

Welcome aboard. Can't argue with anything you said... except for the cool thing... cause driving the Comet, I bet you look even cooler :D

Post some photos of your car so we can all help make the final decision.

Here's how to post photos, if you haven't found it already.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2448
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

BJB

Post by BJB »

Traffikus wrote: I figured my motorcycle was a bit too dangerous to ride until I have life insurance set up... so I traded it for a car with no airbags or seat belts.
I reckon that if you ride motorcycles ....you wouldn't care about owning a car without airbags and seat belts... like for like. :)

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Traffikus

Post by Traffikus »

BJB wrote:
Traffikus wrote: I figured my motorcycle was a bit too dangerous to ride until I have life insurance set up... so I traded it for a car with no airbags or seat belts.
I reckon that if you ride motorcycles ....you wouldn't care about owning a car without airbags and seat belts... like for like. :)

Bruce
It was kind of funny when the previous owner started explaining the choke. "Nope, I got this."

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome to the Forum, the only dumb questions are the ones we don't ask. Most of the guys here like giving answers or opinions whichever is the most appropriate at the time :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Welcome! Your not the only newbie that will be asking questions! I've already found these guys know these cars really well.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome NEW OWNER IN NC,1st thing you made a smart trade,,and in my life I have owned 3 mc and 2 I bought brand new,right out of the box and neither one had seat belts or air bags :shock: :lol: ..YOU'LL ENJOY the comet way more then the MC,and if you need any help or advice ,you are at the best place for it,,there are some mighty fine fellows on this site that will help you all they can,,in fact it's a very enjoyable place to just hang out...again WELCOME,,NOW MAKE OUT YOUR LIST OF QUESTIONS,we all are waiting to do what we do best......HELP ONE ANOTHER !!!!!! GOOD LUCK ,,ol pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:Welcome to the Forum, the only dumb questions are the ones we don't ask. Most of the guys here like giving answers or opinions whichever is the most appropriate at the time :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
:shock: BOY :!: AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH :!: :wink:
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Welcome to a fun place to spend your evenings after dinner when nobody else wants to talk to you. We can cure loneliness if that ails you.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

albert wrote:Welcome to a fun place to spend your evenings after dinner when nobody else wants to talk to you. We can cure loneliness if that ails you.
ALBERT IS CORRECT,,,,there is someone on here for whatever ails you....we even have a dear ABBY OR ANN LANDERS, ON CALL 24-7 :!: :shock: :roll: :wink:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Dear Abby, my wife left me when she claimed I spent too much time with my car. How do I get her back..... Nevermind, I'll stick to the car.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

loman wrote:Dear Abby, my wife left me when she claimed I spent too much time with my car. How do I get her back..... Nevermind, I'll stick to the car.
How do you get her back? as in pay backs? :lol: thats easy, just tell her it is actually 3 cars! :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Dear Abby, my wife left me when she claimed I spent too much time with my car. How do I get her back..... Nevermind, I'll stick to the car.
I contacted ANN LANDERS AND CALLED ABBY LONG DISTANCE COLLECT,,,BOTH SAID suck it up and go buy you a new top post battery......it is what it is.....you can lead a mule to water...but you can't make him drink it.......the same reason you don't feed a plow mule wild onions the night before you plow him the next morning.......takes your breath away......... :shock: :wink:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

popscomet wrote:
loman wrote:.......the same reason you don't feed a plow mule wild onions the night before you plow him the next morning.......takes your breath away......... :shock: :wink:
Is that from experience?