Let everyone know a little about yourself
JoeinTexas

Post by JoeinTexas »

I have a 1964 Caliente that I just bought. I am in the process of bringing her back to life :D

poboyjo65

Re: New Member

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on !! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome from OLE POP....FOR SURE you have one of the best lookin ones to start bringing back from the dead....good luck on your task ahead of you,,,and build it the way you want it to be..not like someone suggest ,,,,and your gonna get several ideas on how to build it...but do it your way !!...POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Plenty of advice and encouragement to be had here for free. Start a build thread and let us follow your progress. We love pics, too. Here's how to post them:
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
Photobucket is kind of slow. Some of use Postimage now because it's faster.
popscomet wrote:build it the way you want it to be..not like someone suggest ,,,,and your gonna get several ideas on how to build it...but do it your way !!...POP
Does that mean he has your blessing to put Cragers on it, Pop? :P :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT's a far stretch,JIM..after all I ain't the POPE,,,so giving that blessing is kinda outta my reach,,,I can't even spell the name of those whls...is it kreguuurs or something like that ??? there's not but one whl for a comet and we both know what it is.... 8) :wink:
pop/glenda

JoeinTexas

Post by JoeinTexas »

Haha, already have my Cragers on it

JoeinTexas

Post by JoeinTexas »

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JoeinTexas wrote:Haha, already have my Cragers on it
have they started to rust YET ?? :lol: :wink: good luck !! pop
pop/glenda

JoeinTexas

Post by JoeinTexas »

Well, I got the good Aluminum ones, so I doubt that's gonna happen

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JoeinTexas wrote:Well, I got the good Aluminum ones, so I doubt that's gonna happen
WELL.that's good !!.....always do it your way,,,crager whls are a long time topic on here pointed at POP and ALBERT,SO THINK nothing of a crager whl wise crack,,,it's not personal,,it;s for entertainment purposes only!....have a great day and remember...it's next to impossible to mess up the looks of a 64 ,no matter what you do or put on it..... :wink: 8) :lol: pop
pop/glenda

JoeinTexas

Post by JoeinTexas »

Ya, I kinda figured it must be an inside joke between y'all. I do agree with the 1964 being the sweetest of them all, hence the reason I got one. My father had one when he was a young man and I love the look of the Caliente. I'm gonna Cyclone hood/ram air and drop either a BB FE or a nice 408. Less work with the SB though. Anyone here you know of have done the sb to bb?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

there's a couple went with BB,,,,IMO AND ONLY IMO...I'd stay SB,less weight less rotateing iron,and the car was made for it,,,but that's just OL POP's take ....it's yours ,do what ever trips your trigger or blows your skirt up 8) :lol: :wink: but good luck which ever way you go..........pop
pop/glenda