New project

Let everyone know a little about yourself
pro64

Re: New project

Post by pro64 »

A chevy motor in a ford is like dating your sister , you just don't do it.Besides why would you want all those oil leaks. :!:

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:I'll sate my view once here, Ford in a Ford.
We've had your kind here before, first do you even own the car or a you just here to get a giggle.
Second,I won't waste my time helping some Chevy guy destroy a Comet, and anyone on here that
does is no better than a chev guy!!! IMHO
FRED
Ahhh that warms my heart and makes me smile. I'm sure Roys up there chuckling his approval :D
Last edited by comethead on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

Goader190 wrote:
2017-08-09 19.19.34.jpg
Hello all i have just purchased a 65 comet well maybe I should say I rescued a 65 2 door hardtop comet it has been sitting in this guy's yard for 20 years and as a little rough. I am not a Ford or Mercury guy I am a Chevy guy so my plan is yes everybody hold your tongue I am going to do a LS swap on my 65 Mercury Comet. I'm not sure if anybody else is done this so if somebody has I could use whatever info they got thank you
I'm with everyone else- put a Ford motor in it. There's plenty out there for cheap. Get some low compression pistons and a Chinese turbo on eBay and have fun.
Some people enjoy sticking their pee-pee in an ant hole just to see what happens :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

excuse me for a minute,im about to barf after reading about this.i have and old saying about chevy engines.you get your cheap crap at a cheap price.or you can spend a little more and get what you paid FORd. chevy engines are a dime a dozen,and anything they have done,FORD did it first
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

Wow is all I can say. Sadly, this seems to be the way things are going in this country. People don't have to agree with ones choice of how they build their car but why the "pile on"? The internet I think is one of the best and worst things to happen to us. I'm sure that a lot of things that are said with a keyboard would never be said in person. I'm 64 years old and until someone else pays for it I'll build my cars the way I want. As far as I'm concerned if the gentleman that started this thread wants to put a Kubota motor in it I'm fine with it.

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

afx1964 wrote:Wow is all I can say. Sadly, this seems to be the way things are going in this country. People don't have to agree with ones choice of how they build their car but why the "pile on"? The internet I think is one of the best and worst things to happen to us. I'm sure that a lot of things that are said with a keyboard would never be said in person. I'm 64 years old and until someone else pays for it I'll build my cars the way I want. As far as I'm concerned if the gentleman that started this thread wants to put a Kubota motor in it I'm fine with it.
I personally guarantee that anything I type here I would say in person, especially since I was simply offering an alternative to "cheap" that stayed in keeping with the history of the car. Plus, he said he has thick skin :mrgreen:

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

It's all in the delivery of the message.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

afx1964 wrote:Wow is all I can say. Sadly, this seems to be the way things are going in this country. People don't have to agree with ones choice of how they build their car but why the "pile on"? The internet I think is one of the best and worst things to happen to us. I'm sure that a lot of things that are said with a keyboard would never be said in person. I'm 64 years old and until someone else pays for it I'll build my cars the way I want. As far as I'm concerned if the gentleman that started this thread wants to put a Kubota motor in it I'm fine with it.
there is a big difference in a forum for mercury comets & being out in public. people dont come here to read about chevy or kubota motors. if it aint fomoco we dont want to read about it on here, plain & simple. the chevy forums probably feel the same way. I think the gentleman who started this thread can see now that it wont be discussed here. some forums will zap you off at first mention of it.After time it will die down ,fade away & he might get help from the guys on his body. but if he leaves the signature up about the LS swap or mentions chevy, that will greatly reduce the help he receives, & will probably have to search the forum for his answers which he seems content to do.
Johno

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

there is a big difference in a forum for mercury comets & being out in public. people dont come here to read about chevy or kubota motors. if it aint fomoco we dont want to read about it on here, plain & simple. the chevy forums probably feel the same way. I think the gentleman who started this thread can see now that it wont be discussed here. some forums will zap you off at first mention of it.After time it will die down ,fade away & he might get help from the guys on his body. but if he leaves the signature up about the LS swap or mentions chevy, that will greatly reduce the help he receives, & will probably have to search the forum for his answers which he seems content to do.[/quote]

I've been reading this forum for a few years now and there have been things other than purely Comets discussed. Today it seems that LS swaps are all the fad. Likely for good reason. I don't have one yet but will probably end up with a turbocharged one in something. I've got a big FE in my Comet but it is a purpose built car. I've also got 2 48 F1's that have chevy small blocks in them. I don't feel the need to criticize someone else for building what they want. Really that's what hot rods are all about. If people insist that the OP needs to be "bullied" into being a purist then that's where I see a problem. As you stated plain and simple don't read it if you don't want to. I'm pretty sure from the thread he got the LS message from a few of you. With that warm welcome he probably won't want any advice on the rest of the car. What ultimately will fade away is the opportunity to share ideas with others on cars of common interest. I hope he puts Cragers on it.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

im not attacking anyone personally,im just giving my two cents worth on chevy engines,nothing wrong with that imo
fryedaddy

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

fryedaddy wrote:im not attacking anyone personally,im just giving my two cents worth on chevy engines,nothing wrong with that imo
Fryedaddy.......What if someone looked at the picture of your car and said "excuse me for a minute,im about to barf after" looking at this car.
It wouldn't make me too happy if someone said that about my car. I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't appreciate it much either. Who would ?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thankfully you can voice it in this country. However, that doesn't mean that we always should. I'm afraid that some have lost their common sense filter. Unfortunately I am seeing it more and more.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

afx1964 wrote:
fryedaddy wrote:im not attacking anyone personally,im just giving my two cents worth on chevy engines,nothing wrong with that imo
Fryedaddy.......What if someone looked at the picture of your car and said "excuse me for a minute,im about to barf after" looking at this car.
It wouldn't make me too happy if someone said that about my car. I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't appreciate it much either. Who would ?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thankfully you can voice it in this country. However, that doesn't mean that we always should. I'm afraid that some have lost their common sense filter. Unfortunately I am seeing it more and more.
i could care less. my car is a pile anyway. looks like the crager comment was aimed at POP.your just blowing off at the mouth sounds like to me.besides i was commenting on chevy engines not the car,duh
Last edited by fryedaddy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fryedaddy

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

afx1964 wrote:....................................... I don't feel the need to criticize someone else for building what they want. Really that's what hot rods are all about....................................
Well said, I agree.

things that make me wonder hmmmmmmm.

It's cool to put a jap engine in a Comet? But not a Chevy?
I'm ok with both swaps

The engine I have planned for my Comet......Dart Block, AFR heads. Aftermarket internals,intake, carb, exhaust,etc. prob only thing on my engine that will be Ford is the timing cover and a few pulleys. Is it still a Ford?

I understand this is a "Comet" forum but still feel a little respect goes a long way.

Lou

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

I DONT THINK A JAP ENGINE OR A CHEVY ENGINE IS COOL AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS IT
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

im like POP,i wont ever click on this topic again,and i dont care what kind of comment anyone leaves about me either.im seriously thinking about leaving forever.im not into politics or arguing either.i just come here because i love my comet and like minded people too!
fryedaddy