new to site and 1st time Comet owner... Today!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
hotrodbrando

new to site and 1st time Comet owner... Today!

Post by hotrodbrando »

Hey All, I'm an avid car guy, love everything but mostly a Ford?Merc guy. I just picked up a '64 Convertible today. I need to completely go though it, it was a stalled restoration. Painted/bodywork five years ago but then neglected. Sat outside with a tarp on it. It now has a brand new top but needs a complete interior redo. Body and paint needs a redo also, kinda low budget work was done. The trunk is full of doubles and tripples of a lot of the trim pieces. 3 grills, for instance! 260, automatic. red interior. Needs a boat load of TLC but I shall bring it back!

The Comet is actually for my (recently married) wife. In addition to that I have a '48 Sedan Coupe, a '41 biz coupe, '49 F1 future project and a 1953 Merc Monterrey Gasser... (built that one last year).

Anyway, Guys in the 64/65 forum, be prepared for some stupid questions as I figure out how all the trim goes together!

Side note: I've restored about a half doz 64-65 Mustangs in my time so I'm fairly comfortable with most of the stuff on the car... should be fun!

Can someone give me the cliff notes version on adding a picture of the car? I'm stumped on that one...

Brandon
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible (project state)
1953 Mercury Gasser "Quicksilver"
1946 Ford Sedan Coupe
1941 Ford Business Coupe
1949 F1 Pickup (another project!)

Jims65cyclone

Re: new to site and 1st time Comet owner... Today!

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Brandon! You need to start a build thread in the 64-65 section so we can follow along with your progress. And there are no dumb questions. We'll help any way we can. You can post pics using the "Upload attachment" tab, or by using a pic hosting site. The upload tab is easy, but there is a size limit on the pics you can post. I think it's around 1.2mb :?: . You can also post your pics to http://cometcentral.com/photos , which is the same site that hosts the forum. I also use https://postimage.io/. Poboyjo65 has some good tips on that.
Shamelessly copied from Poboy:
poboyjo65 wrote:If you use postimage ; as you upload your pics to postimage you can have it automatically resize the pics, the best size for all viewers is the one for message boards I think. otherwise some pics tend to be too big & loose part of the right side of the pic;
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D yea love to see pics!! & hear the plans!! :)
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

Sounds like a GREAT car... in fact it sounds like the best year, make, model, style, engine on a Comet EVER!

3-speed Automatic?

:P :P :P
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

hotrodbrando

Post by hotrodbrando »

Groover wrote:Sounds like a GREAT car... in fact it sounds like the best year, make, model, style, engine on a Comet EVER!

3-speed Automatic?

:P :P :P
HA! Yea, I do agree. I honestly haven't even looked at everything close enough yet but I'm fairly sure that the column shift had three detents, D 2 1?

I'm going to do a complete assessment and inventory this weekend and will start a build thread...
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible (project state)
1953 Mercury Gasser "Quicksilver"
1946 Ford Sedan Coupe
1941 Ford Business Coupe
1949 F1 Pickup (another project!)