New guy just wanting to say hello

Let everyone know a little about yourself
french2

New guy just wanting to say hello

Post by french2 »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the Blue Oval crowd. I was raised up on Bowties, but have recently converted. I have acquired a 1964 two door Caliente "K" code car that runs and drives but needs some love. She is still sitting on the trailer this morning. I need to determine if I can stuff an eight wheel under the rear fenders. Hope it will fit with the correct backspace. Weld offers eight inch with three different backspace. Previous owners have swapped in a 8.8", not sure of the ratio yet. Tags are as follows: 63C D 67 01D 52 1 6 and 4J23K515114. Getting mixed opinions on which 289 it came with and whether it was truly factory C4 transmission. Most say it is a factory four speed car. At present it has a column shift with three speed automatic indicator, but there is also a clutch pedal under the carpet. Obviously someone has swapped one or the other, just not sure which one yet. Any way Howdy from Waco, Texas

poboyjo65

Re: New guy just wanting to say hello

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on !! :D K in 64 comet is 210 hp 289 4v. 63C is caliente 2 dr hartop with bucket seats. d is med turquoise metalic,with 67 turquoise trim. the 1 & 6 at the end is 300:1 rear & 6 is dual range 3 sp auto.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Cool, welcome.

I've got an 8.8 in my Falcon with 7" wheels and a 4.25 back space. I just bought another set of wheels, 7" with 4.5 back space and will have room. Probably useless input considering the 2 different bodies but I'm fairly certain you have more room that I do.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

french2

Post by french2 »

Gonna get under it tonight with a framing square, c-clamp and steel rule and see just what will fit. On my early Nova's I could take an eight inch rally wheel, cut the rim loose from the center, tuck it in one inch and all was well with a G60-15. Lotta years ago, but the setup looks real close. Thanks Lip Ripper. poboyjo65, you came up with the same thing i did, but the 6 denoting C4 is kinda wierd. Guys, I dont know how to reply individually yet, so this is a combo reply. When i really get smart i will post some pics, so you guys can see how far ahead of me yall are.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome on, love to see picts there is not really a bad looking '64 :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »