New member, hello!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Ol' Caliente

New member, hello!

Post by Ol' Caliente »

'65 Comets has always been my thing. 2 hard tops, a red one and a black one.the one I have now is my 3rd. Comet Caliente it's white but it is a convertable which I haven't had before. Needs a little work, it is on the 3-4 yr. plan. :D I got it in June and drove it 2,000 miles so far. My wife and I are happy with the car and we've already met alot of nice people and go to local car cruise in around St. Paul Minnesota.

We found this car on Ebay, and had it shipped up from Georgia, I was a little unhappy at first because I found that the back end of the car was from another 65 Comet. Must have been in a accident at some point, there is some bad welding but I've done some talking to different body shops and I found a guy willing to fix what needs to be done.

I'm hoping to meet other people interested in Comets and maybe get a few ideas and help with questions I might have.

Recently my daughter and son in law also got a 65 Comet convet. They told me about this forum. They are cometbaby730.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: New member, hello!

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Welcome, can't wait to see some pictures of your Comet. Yeah, we have meet your daughter and her Comet. Hers looks good in the pictures, but she says it needs some help underneath. Hope you both can get your Comet's sorted out, they are great cars.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

cometbaby730

Post by cometbaby730 »

Hey Dad! (and mom, she's the one typing :wink: ) Welcome to the Comet forum!! I'm posting a pic of when your Comet came home back in June.Image
'65 Comet Caliente Convertible

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Ol'Caliente;Welcome!! I hope your convertible gives you years of pleasure! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Welcome to a great site!Thats a very good looking comet,you have sittin on that roll back!!I know a couple of guys that take half here and half there and build one,when they get done,,,works fine...clean the welds up and drive the fire out of it,lol,enjoy..happy driving.....it's neat to have a dad and daughter both on here.....POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Welcome!
A Comet Family..very cool. 8)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Ol' Caliente

Post by Ol' Caliente »

Tomorrow we are heading up to northern Minnesota to see user 5650Duane he has some crome pieces for my doors from a car he is parting out. Also want to see his collection of Comets! It will be a nice day trip fpr sure.

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

Welcome. You will find many helpful people on this site. I have had on of my 65's since 1982 but I think Roy has the title of longest owned on this site. Good luck with your car. Brian
Last edited by b.guggenmos on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Brian;I think Larry may be close,if not ahead of me!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

cometbaby730

Post by cometbaby730 »

Yesterday Jim and I went with dad to see 5650duane's collection up north Minnesota. He has some awesome stuff! (He was pretty awesome too ;) ) Anyway, dad got some nice pieces for his Comet that previous owners had ruined by putting screws through. Our car has a lot of the same. Duane had a lot of stuff we needed for our car but we are still trying to figure out how to save our cars underside. Interestingly enough Duane thought AutoKrafters had torque boxes for the 65 Comet, so he got out a catalog from '06 and guess what! they were in there!!! I saw them!! So when we got home we check the recent catalog and guess what! They are NOT in there!!!! What happened between now and '06 that they would stop selling them???

UGH! I thought I saw a light of hope to make things a little easier but I guess not. Oh well back to the drawing board!

~Jennie
'65 Comet Caliente Convertible

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Welcome to the forum, Comet Family!

Tristan
ImageImage

Smithbrown2011

Post by Smithbrown2011 »

Hello,
I am new here here is lot of info and knowledge.

5650duane

Post by 5650duane »

Hello!
It was nice meeting with you.
Lets stay in touch.
Duane
1965 comet caliente 2dr. ht. 289
1965 comet caliente 4dr. 289
1965 comet wagon 404 289