New Guy from Western NC

Let everyone know a little about yourself
nroberts1981

Re: New Guy from Western NC

Post by nroberts1981 »

Bought a 67 Comet Capri last night. "Before" Pics by this weekend.
-Nick
67 Comet Capri 347 stroker, T5, Ford 9"

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

KOOL!!!! In 67 they really cleaned up the lines of an already good looking car!!A good friend has a 67 Cyclone he ordered new in late 66!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

nroberts1981

Post by nroberts1981 »

Thanks Roy, We found this one not far from home and its in decent shape, the body is mostly straight, and we even got to DRIVE it home, it was my first experience with a vehicle with 4 wheel drums and no power assist, hit the brakes at the off ramp and next thing I know im half way in the fast lane. We are very excited to have it and this weekend we will figure out what we want to do and where to start. :D
-Nick

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

welcome!
if your looking for ideas,,,,,, how bout a comet verzion of mario andrettis
67 daytona 500 car low circle track stance ,rubble exhaust etc,,,
just a thought,,,
fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

nroberts1981

Post by nroberts1981 »

Fred, Sounds like an interesting idea, any clue where I can find some pics and maybe tech info on the 500? don't know if we are going to go that route but I am enjoying learning all I can about these awsome machines. Right now we are looking like a budget build that I can load my dad, kids, wife and myself and cruise around in as well as drive to the strip and line her up for quarter mile trips. If I could pull it off I would have one for each purpose but right now I think "multi-purpose" is the way we are going to go. Right now the car is an automatic but we have already planned to swap it for a 5 speed manual.
-Nick