Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
popscomet

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS !!..next time I put it on the lift,,if I think of it,,will take pic's....bottom is like the top...slick looking with all the powder coating and stainless steel fastners.....as far as the truck..it's just a good ole ride that I've had for yrs,,,I drive it mostly daily......thanks again for the kind words.....raceing season will be over by the end of the month ...then it's full bore on the pro-street comet,,as it has been sitting waiting on it's turn in the shop for at least 23 yrs...that's how long ago I started that project....OL POP has been doing stuff for many yrs....I just don't mention it or talk much about it,,,it's always me and son !......good luck to all
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BY the way,POP don't post pic's,,,,but my son and johnboy are friends on FB,,son sends them to john and JOHN puts them on here...thanks goes out to john......and concerning that pic of me and GLENDA, and what was said about her being my reason for smiling...well the 1st time I ever saw her ,I was 16 yrso,,,she brought a smile oughta me and I ain't stop grinning since :wink: :D :) ,in that pic is a 53 yr grin 8) ...thanks pop :wink: :D :)
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL we got around to getting the 5bolt 289 and green dot transmission pulled today and it's in the shop on jack stands,,,so THE PRO STREET COMET is on it's way to be transformed into what we started so many yrs ago.....nothing but TATER HOLES and ELBOW GREASE IN FRONT OF US ,,,but it ain't no step for a couple of steppers :shock: :lol: :D :wink: ....we are really lookin forward to this build,,,cause it's not a dirt track car,for one thing !!....we just hope we can stay away from the dirt for awhile......our fingers are crossed....thanks ...............POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop & gang made room after racing season for the comet.

One of the gang is away working,his grandson, so here is his stand in, great grandson workin on his daily driver. A man's gotta keep his work ride runnin smooth ,right?

shock tower deleted

Great start Pop! start out hackin!! :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this grt grd son is a piss cutter to be 26 mos old !!!....thanks JOHN for postin..pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Like button hit.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I found the instr cluster last night for this old comet,,no wonder everything was in such good shape,,it didn't have but 41,535 miles showing on the speed-o,,,and I've never seen an old car that was under-coated as much and as good as this one ........thanks POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Missed the post on Sunday,,, Great to see progress!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

The Transplanter

Post by The Transplanter »

SASSY wrote:
popscomet wrote:THANKS FRED ! me and son are shootin to take it to PF next june,,,it won't be pretty to look at,,,but it will be hitting on all 8....
Imo, tail lights, 460 done! Nobody makes'em pretty anymore, do they?
Honest, leave the body, make the engine bay, undercarriage and racecar interior cool, done.
Fred
I agree with Fred, it tells a story as it looks now

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE have backed out ( for now),,on the 460/c6 set up,,,it's gonna get a 351w with a t-10 4spd,,we already have it built and ready...our 460 /c6 has to be built,,the 351 is one that we ran in a dirt car and grd son won a couple of championships with it....it's got all the good stuff already in it,,,so to save time and money we are going this route,,,besides with a 4spd ,it will be more fun to drive !!...thanks for lookin at it,,and the kind words POP
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

That gonna be fantastic! Love the 351W/T10 plan & yeah, agreed, pushing pedals does make driving more fun! :lol: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

Pop 351/4 speed is gonna be badass!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Pop 351/4 speed is gonna be badass!

Joe
we are not lookin to set the world on fire,,but we know how this 351 runs and with a 4spd and a 6;00 plus gear,,there should not be any doubt that it'll crank on !!!!.....besides even if it don't outrun a fat man ,we don't really care ....we just want to build it....after all we started this project 23 yrs ago,,,it's time we brought it to a head...thanks POP and son ..DWAYNE
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ready to tack in the MII crossmember;
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Cool, this is the kind of stuff I need to see 8) What kind of MII crossmember is that?

Keep it up and keep sending those picts to post(thanks John for posting them)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058