Let me start!!!!!!!!

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
SASSY

Re: Let me start!!!!!!!!

Post by SASSY »

Well I had to stop on the EPS install, I need to get a few things done on the camper before we leave for Califorina and the assist control box hasn't showed up yet so I did everything I could dropped it on the floor and drove it outta the shop without the EPS hooked up.
Can hardly tell I'm turning the gear and a dead electric motor so not worried if it was to give up on the road.
I have been updating my build on the TFFN site cause that's where Ron came from and there is a whole thread on this style install.
The only difference from my install to Ron's is where I clocked in the motor. Got a few good pics for a change detailing some of the work.
Here is the link,
http://tffn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=315
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Fred;looking good!! I had not been on TFFN for years,my old LOG-IN ID still works!!After reading thru a few posts I remembered why I quit using that site!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Not to start anything but what would that be Roy?
Ron

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... start=1965
As an update to my axle problem, I'll probably order cut to length axle from speedway.
but in the meantime I bought a new bearing retainer and seal .
The bearing is slightly loose on the axle but the retainer still has some press fit so I backyarded it back together.
JB welded the bearing and retainer onto the axle and stuffed it back in the car!
I'm gonna drive the hell out of it next spring and see what happens.
A couple a runs up the lake road (wher my video was shot) will tell the tale!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Last year we used Sassy to pull our Boler down to California for our winter holiday.
The owner of the rvpark we stayed at(Paradise by the sea in Oceanside)
was starting a new business and wanted a few different RVs for a photoshoot to be backdrops and liked our Boler. He wanted to pull it with a Jeep but the hitch arrangement didn't work out so I pulled it to the shoot site with the Comet and we were gonna stage the Jeep in front of the Boler.
Things didn't work out so we just left it on the Comet. The Boler was just gonna be a backdrop for a family sitting on the sand at the beach hence the surfboard. The shot is on the south end of Carlsbad right on the beach.
I stumbled upon the site getting ready for our trip this year and WOW my whole rig front and center,,,made my evening! Oh, I saved some money on rent for the effort too!
Fred

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Fred, That is so cool. Sassy and the Boler are featured on facebook. Who are all those strange people enjoying your ride and trailer?
You'ld be surprised places i have found pics of Comechero. :)
Ron

Cometchsr50
Location: Darlington, SC (Yes, I can throw Rocks at the drivers!)

Post by Cometchsr50 »

Fred,
:shock: What can I say? You Sir, are a Mechanical Genious! I love everything about this car!........., Just............., WOW!

Regards,
Pete
!

1967 202 2 door, 289
1967 Ford F-100 Long Bed, Mild 390/NP-435/9" 350:1 Locker
1967 Cougar Standard. 289/3spd

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Fred, Sassy and the Boler look like they were meant to be together. Awesome shots, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cometchsr50 wrote:Fred,
:shock: What can I say? You Sir, are a Mechanical Genious! I love everything about this car!........., Just............., WOW!

Regards,
Pete
:lol: :lol:
Pete, I probably stole most of the ideas from somewhere! :D :D :mrgreen: ( hey Roy)
But , thank you. Never get tired of muckin with it.
fred

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

pugs65 wrote:Fred, Sassy and the Boler look like they were meant to be together. Awesome shots, Pugs.
thanks Pugs, When we first talked about using the camper in the photoshoot he didn't want the comet thinking it would be too distracting
from the main thought of the pics,, camping. I guess when they we done with the models (they had a young family in front of the camper interacting on the sand) the photographer took a couple of shots of the rig and like any Comet would it took center stage in the judging :lol:
Fred

ec164

Post by ec164 »

Fred the ad is perfect with your Comet in it. I chuckled to myself when you said that family on the beach was a set. I had figured you had your family out on a picnic!..............Nice Car...Al
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

ec164 wrote:Fred the ad is perfect with your Comet in it. I chuckled to myself when you said that family on the beach was a set. I had figured you had your family out on a picnic!..............Nice Car...Al
It was pretty crazy, I was big time illegally parked! The photographer was hurried to get as many shots as possible. If you look close there are little kids in the group you needed to be coddled into play acting on the sand, and I was worried I would need a tow truck to get out of the sand!
About the same time we packed it up the cops stopped, maybe the Canadian plates on the car, maybe it was the end of shift don't know but we got the feeling we needed leave, happily the Comet drove off no prob, as did the cop.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Damned Hoodlum Kidz!!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Loner

Post by Loner »

Fred I finally got to read this thread .
You are truly a inspiration!
You have done work to Sassy that I only hope to do.

Thanks for sharing,Matt
Last edited by Loner on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey Matt, thanks for the kind words.
We all have things we never get tired of, and are not necessarily good at.
To some it's golf, others fishing,, me THAT DAMNED OLD RED THING IN THE GARAGE! LOL
Fred