Build Thread - '62 Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.

Build Thread - '62 Comet

Postby deusamo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Hey guys! So here's a link to the original build thread for the car: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1454&start=15

The short version is that the car has a 2.3L from a '93 Ford Ranger. I drove it 3 1/2 hours home, and it got 27 mpg. :)

Here's a link to some pictures: ... sp=sharing

I'm sure you'll notice the terrible weatherstripping. Well...I have to drive this daily, and it's cold. So it's a bandaid solution. I'll fix it properly once the weather gets nicer. But that's why the driver side door isn't closed all the way. It only closes completely if I slam it, but if I slam it the window pops off the track. So that's another thing to fix.

When I bought the car, the shifter was broken. I drove it home with a clamp holding it in place. The next day a metalworker friend of mine fabbed up the new shifter and welded it into place.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to messing with this car. I need a back seat, and I'd like to polish up the interior a little bit. I'd also like to add a little bit of audio. One day, maybe a swap to the 2.3L turbo motor.

Re: Build Thread - '62 Comet

Postby lavron » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:17 pm

At least with it running and driving you will be able to make the upgrade fixes as you go.

See Ya,
64 Comet 202 Sedan, I6, Offy Triples, Header, CAM, Dual Point Distributor, 4.11 - 8" Rear.
My first car, I have owned it since 1979!
Restoration/Upgrade on a BUDGET - Working on; 250-6, T-5, 8.8 LSD, MII, Air Ride - Whatever I do it will be awesome!
Site Admin

Re: Build Thread - '62 Comet

Postby comethead » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Looks good!
Keep in mind some later parts fit your car as well. 65-66 Mustang parts are cheap.

1965 Caliente HT
289/4 speed

Return to Showing Off