My 64 Texas Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
rhtopdown

My 64 Texas Comet

Post by rhtopdown »

Some pics of my 64. Do you think I need to tint the windows and add air shocks to pick it up just a little in the back?
http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/texasrh/slideshow/

rhtopdown

Re: My 64 Texas Comet

Post by rhtopdown »

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

My preference for classics is no window tint. I have air shocks on the back but I still keep the stance pretty flat. Just my preference.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

rhtopdown wrote:Do you think I need to tint the windows and add air shocks to pick it up just a little in the back?
Nice Comet,my opinion on window tint would have too be very light. It is hard to tell from the picture as too stance but it looks fine too me.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Both are personal preference. I like these old hardtops with no tint. With the lowback bucket seats & skinny pillars they just have a cool look. Even by tinting the back window alone takes away from that look. Before you raise the rear jack it up in the back for an eye test. leave it like that for a while & ponder on it. walk away for a while & come back a few times before you make a decision. sometimes raising them up makes the tires look smaller. I like the way it sits now, & liked it before I ever put up the link for you to it on craigs list, when I first saw it with the baby moons. it had a nice stance & still does IMO!! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

The 1st time I saw this comet to me it sit good as it drove by me ,then later as it sit still in the parking lot.....but that's the fun in owning an old car and making it just the way YOU like it.......JMO.............. :D :) ....and as far as tint....I'm not much on tint other then factory,but that is JMO............one thing about being here and asking for opinions,,you for sure are going to get them......good luck in your choices ,,(that is a sharp looking little comet)............POP
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Nice looking 64, stance is fine IMO, however if you want to alter the stance go ahead, it's you that has to like it!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

rhtopdown

Post by rhtopdown »

Thanks everyone. That will give me plenty to think about.

ants875

Post by ants875 »

I like the stance as well, but if you want to raise it get your springs rearched or new springs. Air shocks usually ride really ruff.

My 2 cents
Ant

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I just took off a set of air shocks that came on my car. They came in handy , I could drive it some & see it at different heights.They're not terribly stiff if they aren't pumped up all the way .but they sure ain't soft! They're firm,, go around curves good. I'd take 25 bucks & shipping for them, PM me if your interested. They hold air & don't ever leak down, lines still attached.
Johno

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

Add some air shocks and you can change the stance based on your daily preference...

Comet Bruce