Howdy folks

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
USMarine2001

Howdy folks

Post by USMarine2001 »

Here's my girl. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/647827 Please be sure to look at page 2 as it shows what went down on this past monday, 23 Feb. Again, if you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you and Semper Fi

rditz

Re: Howdy folks

Post by rditz »

I put a 302 in my '66 and one of the things that I did that I thought was both different and helped in making my engine more reliable was to put in a Pertronix Flamethower HEI distributor.. this has a single wire hook up and no external coil and a single wire hook up for the tach. something you need to know is that I had to add a 1" carb spacer and a 1/2" or air cleaner spacer for the air cleaner to clear it.

the other thing I did was go with a serpentine belt setup from Auto Specialties Performance (asp@aspracing.com) This setup works with a 36" belt. you will have to add spacers to the alternator for alignment. I like the clean look of this and very little belt tension needed.

I would also recommend a 1 wire Alternator, these are internally regulated, they are easy to hook up and deliver tons of power. Mine was a Powermaster 100Amp.. (no picture)

and if you like the valve covers and air cleaner, they are available from AutoKrafters.

good luck..

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Marine, I like that you have kept the body stock, I think the 202's have just the right amount of trim, of course I am biased :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

USMarine2001

Post by USMarine2001 »

Thanks rditz. I have been having a few problems with distributors so that advice really does help! After reading your reply, I looked into it and now have one on order for tuesday. I originally had a Mallory Uni-Lite that I think was junk so I went back to OEM vacuum advance. Also, the alternator I have is new so I'll let it run its course before I change that but your 1-wire setup has been added to my ever growing list. It definately sounds like the way to go. Thanks for all the help. And by the way lavron, you don't come off biased at all. :D

rditz

Post by rditz »

no problem, glad to be of help... I built mine from scratch, plus I didn't have the orginal alt... with the distributor, it will come with different mechanical advance springs, the instructions explain that tho... also, it takes a GM stock module if it did quit...

good luck..

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior