Ant's 65 Comet Build

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
popscomet

Re: Ant's 65 Comet Build

Post by popscomet »

BUILT BY FORD...those words are MUSIC to POP's ears...I rather walk while carrying 2 ford(or COMET) hub caps during a LIGHTENING storm,then ride in a GM product...or a MOPAR..(threw that in for KEVIN :D )..good luck and have a great day...POP
pop/glenda

five0merc

Post by five0merc »

Looking good so far.
65 comet caliente 418 windsor/t6/9"

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Got a few more things done today, Started with seam sealing the patches and then I had some left over 3M body schutz so I figured that I might as well use it up.

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Then came the moment I've been waiting for, time to jerk the ole six out

Next I'll clean the engine bay and put some POR=15 on it and then on to the 302 install!!!!

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Got the engine bay pressure cleaned and painted today, I'll get around the hood hinges and the front of the core support when I prep the body for paint later. It looks pretty good, hope that it dries out as good as I think it will.

Ant

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It all looks great! are you going to keep the hood insulation? it is a dust magnet, but a weak one, just slamming the hood will release a bunch of dust.
Johno

ants875

Post by ants875 »

poboyjo65 wrote:It all looks great! are you going to keep the hood insulation? it is a dust magnet, but a weak one, just slamming the hood will release a bunch of dust.

Thanks, the hood insulation is going for sure I'm trying to decide if I want to spend this much money. I really want one so we'll see

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

It looks like a crime scene, complete with blood on the floor where you ripped the heart out of your Comet...
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:It looks like a crime scene, complete with blood on the floor where you ripped the heart out of your Comet...
Well I am Italian!! I was just standing there minding my own business cleaning my finger nails with my pocket knife when the comet tripped and fell on my knife 17 times. I'm as innocent at Capone!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SURE it did ! you think that comet for it's age could walk more better :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well now that you have that 6 laying around you won't have to go looking for any bags of cement 8)
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

We really need to get together sometime Ant and talk Comets. I think you told me you get up this way to Olympia sometimes? I also head south to Centrailia sometimes. I can show you my junk and I would like to look at yours. It looks like you are making nice progress. Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

ants875

Post by ants875 »

b.guggenmos wrote:We really need to get together sometime Ant and talk Comets. I think you told me you get up this way to Olympia sometimes? I also head south to Centrailia sometimes. I can show you my junk and I would like to look at yours. It looks like you are making nice progress. Brian

Brian,

Yes we do! We should pick a day and make it happen.

Ant

ants875

Post by ants875 »

So I had a bit of a set back this week, when I first got the car I bought a set of V8 motor mounts from a guy off Craig's list he waited until after I paid him to tell me that they we someone's homemade mounts. Needless to say when I got them they looked like crap and fit even worse. So Tuesday after trying to make them work I bought a set off e-bay and got them yesterday and installed today, so hopefully next week i'll be able to hang the motor in!!!!

ants875

Post by ants875 »

OK let's play one of these things is not like the other!

I'll let you guess which is the before and which is the after.

Ant